What Are The Best *RUMORS* Ever To Be Discussed on wdwmagic.com??

radiohost

Original Poster
You know and love them!!! *Rumors*, about The Happiest Place on Earth.

What in your opinoun are the best rumors ever to be discussed here on wdwmagic?? They can be bizarre, strange, exciting, basically we have seen them all.

From taking the Wand down in Epcot, to a 5th Gate, to the Monorail making a stop at MGM, fellow fans of wdwmagic have seen there share of rumors through the years.

So what *rumors* have you seen on wdwmagic that been your favorite?

Mine, I remeber when there was a rumor that they were going to close Splash Mountain and turn it into a gift shop. I also always enjoy hearing a rumor about a new fireworks show replacing WISHES or another show replacing Fantasmic....keeps me entertained!! Radiohost:cool:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I have two favorites...

1. Rumors that CM's, Imagineering, whoever, was playing with the old SeaCabs. Every so often you'd hear about them, but nothing seemed to come of it until finally they've rebuilt and reopened the ride.

2. Three Cabs for El Rio, same sort of idea, people going "nah, wont happen" to a Mexico refurb and now it'll be opening in April.

I really like it when it's not something I really expect to happen but it eventually comes true and improves the park.

MWC

3rd US Disney Location

I know this one was out there before and may be out there again. Remember when the big rumor was that Disney would be building a park in Texas near Houston? Well it may be happening again. My brother is dealing with some land developers south of Houston in trying to build an eating establishment. One of the developers said that Disney had sent down some people to look at property near the small town of Rosharon (about 15 miles South of Houston) and about 30 minutes from where I live. I know this is a very long shot but man would that be awesome!

Please don't flame me. I know this probably won't happen. Maybe .00001% chance that it will. It would be nice though.

Champion

I know this one was out there before and may be out there again. Remember when teh big rumor was that Disney would be building a park in Texas near Houston? Well it may be happening again. My brother is dealing with some land developers south of Houston in trying to build an eating establishment. One of the developers said that Disney had sent down some people to look at property near the small town of Rosharon (about 15 miles South of Houston) and about 30 minutes from where I live. I know this is a very long shot but man would that be awesome!

Oh good, more land owned by Disney in Texas. They now own 96% of the state.

Please don't flame me.

Have to.

I know this probably won't happen.

It won't.

Maybe .00001% chance that it will.

0%.

It would be nice though.

No, it wouldn't. The money from building a "real" park would be better served in WDW or DLR.

And before anyone brings it up, Texas is NOT on the list of proposed locations for the "not all parks have to be the same size as our current offerings" quote that was recently provided. Or on the list of proposed entries into more urban markets with things like hotels.

IcicleM

Bah, I never looked up the information for Bald Mountain, or ever heard of that rumor, but I know what it's probably about. The whole idea of recreating the Chernabog's "Night On Bald Mountain" from Fantasia? Yeah, sad to say that would probably be the worst idea ever, and no one would know what it was. Most people I try to talk to, nowadays, don't even know what Night On Bald Mountain is. They don't remember Chernabog, they only remember Sorcerer Mickey. So though "Bald Mountain" would have probably been appealing to us Disney junkies, no one else would have gotten it. It would have been like an inside joke for us.

CaptainMichael

Bah, I never looked up the information for Bald Mountain, or ever heard of that rumor, but I know what it's probably about. The whole idea of recreating the Chernabog's "Night On Bald Mountain" from Fantasia? Yeah, sad to say that would probably be the worst idea ever, and no one would know what it was. Most people I try to talk to, nowadays, don't even know what Night On Bald Mountain is. They don't remember Chernabog, they only remember Sorcerer Mickey. So though "Bald Mountain" would have probably been appealing to us Disney junkies, no one else would have gotten it. It would have been like an inside joke for us.

More like a Villain's log flume ride, not just Chernabog. Supposed to be located on the 20k lagoon site.

Jerriko

ummm...Harry Potter....:drevil: :wave: :lol:

The day I see a Harry Potter attrraction at WDW is the day I stop going to WDW...... Ok maybe not...:ROFLOL:

Chris

EpcotMark

I personally am amamzed at how much we all talk about Epcot compared to the other parks. And we never talk about Bilzzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. Its always Epcot, Epcot, Epcot.:king:

Buford

fun part is that 95% of the rumors were probably actually legit at some point (as in actually being considered by some team)........

hammysammy59

-The "final solution" refurb to Imagination that restores its original level of awesome.

-Turning the Tomorrowland Speedway into a Cars-themed speedway.

-Ripping out CoP and replacing it with an Incredibles attraction.

-Haunted Mansion refurb

Of the three, I think the only ones I like are the first and last...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
-The "final solution" refurb to Imagination that restores its original level of awesome.

-Turning the Tomorrowland Speedway into a Cars-themed speedway.

-Ripping out CoP and replacing it with an Incredibles attraction.

-Haunted Mansion refurb

Of the three, I think the only ones I like are the first and last...
:veryconfu

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I know this one was out there before and may be out there again. Remember when the big rumor was that Disney would be building a park in Texas near Houston? Well it may be happening again. My brother is dealing with some land developers south of Houston in trying to build an eating establishment. One of the developers said that Disney had sent down some people to look at property near the small town of Rosharon (about 15 miles South of Houston) and about 30 minutes from where I live. I know this is a very long shot but man would that be awesome!

Please don't flame me. I know this probably won't happen. Maybe .00001% chance that it will. It would be nice though.

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

________ _________ __________ _________ _____ _________ _______________________ ____________ _______.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom