What are the best character experiences?

VTdisneytravel

Original Poster
Hey guys... What would you guys say is the best character experiences? To go to the meet & greets or do a character dinner? If you could tell me which ones you enjoyed the most, that would be helpful!

Weather_Lady

It all depends on which characters you want to meet! We don't like to spend too much time on M&Gs, so we let our kids pick just 3 characters they want to see, and then plan to see them in whatever way works best in our schedule. (For example, last time their picks were Belle, Daisy, Anna/Elsa, Cinderella, Goofy and Peter Pan. We got FP+ for Anna/Elsa and Enchanted Tales with Belle, swung by Peter Pan's M&G just before it began one morning and then headed to Pete's Silly Sideshow for Daisy/Goofy, and had my daughter's birthday dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table (Cinderella plus several "bonus" princesses). As a result, we never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes for any of their chosen characters. The meals are nice, in that you're sitting in air-conditioned comfort and the characters come to you. On the other hand, if you time it right or use FP+ if needed, the other M&Gs don't have to be time-consuming, either.

VTdisneytravel

Original Poster
It all depends on which characters you want to meet! We don't like to spend too much time on M&Gs, so we let our kids pick just 3 characters they want to see, and then plan to see them in whatever way works best in our schedule. (For example, last time their picks were Belle, Daisy, Anna/Elsa, Cinderella, Goofy and Peter Pan. We got FP+ for Anna/Elsa and Enchanted Tales with Belle, swung by Peter Pan's M&G just before it began one morning and then headed to Pete's Silly Sideshow for Daisy/Goofy, and had my daughter's birthday dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table (Cinderella plus several "bonus" princesses). As a result, we never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes for any of their chosen characters. The meals are nice, in that you're sitting in air-conditioned comfort and the characters come to you. On the other hand, if you time it right or use FP+ if needed, the other M&Gs don't have to be time-consuming, either.
Great tips. Sounds like I should have the conversation about who everyone wants to see, then come up with a plan like u.

mousehockey37

Hey guys... What would you guys say is the best character experiences? To go to the meet & greets or do a character dinner? If you could tell me which ones you enjoyed the most, that would be helpful!

I can't speak on behalf of a character meal, but as far as meet & greets, it's like others have said. It's preference. When my dgf and I go, we'll hop in a line as long as it's not too long to see a character. If it's some insane wait time, we'll try and swing back later or on a different day. Our last trip we went on the Little Mermaid ride, came off, went right in and saw mermaid Ariel (waited like 5 minutes) then went over to Pete's Silly SideShow and met all 4 of the characters there in about 15 minutes tops. Sometimes you can luck into meeting them with no wait, other times, you're just catching a glimpse as you keep going...

Queenof<3<3

Like everyone says, it depends who you want to meet. For example, we've never been able to get to a short line for trigger pooh and friends, so we've always done character lunch for those. Mickey alone usually can be done in a quick 20 min wait so he's ok, However we are getting bored of seeing and taking pics with the silly side show bunch. So this time we are doing a character meal for the fab 5. Of course there are some characters you have no choice with because they don't do character meals. Just have your family pick their must sees and go from there. Also not all characters give a long personable fun meet and greet. The more popular the character the less time you will spend with them so think about that too.

plutoismyhero

Character meals are great but characters can come and go pretty fast sometimes. Also really depends on which characters you want to see since some of them like park fare have characters that could be hard to find in a park

Hawkeyegirl

We really enjoyed the character dining, since you don't have to wait in line and can meet 4-5 at one time. Our favorites were Chef Mickey and Akershus (princesses).

TheJonesys

The two best character interactions we had were 1900 Park Fare for dinner with Cinderella and the Tremaines and the Garden Grill with Chip and Dale, they are always great fun. There seems to be a bit more time at character meals for interaction, but that's not to say we haven't had fun at M&G

Amy Brewer

I don't know if I'm in the right forum, but i have been seeing many photo's of guests getting a photo with both Anna and Elsa alot recently. Or is this just when you have good character interaction and one wanders over to you and the other to get one photo together?

DVCPluto

We love the character meals. Tusker House is always a must do for us - the food is amazing! It's a nice way to take a break after some rides as well. It's also one of the few places to find Daisy, but not Pluto :( or Minnie.

Chef Mickey's is great if you want to see the Fab Five (which does not include Daisy).

Breakfast at 'Ohana is really nice since it is family style and you can relax instead of running in between characters to the buffet. (Mickey, Pluto, Stitch, and Lilo)

Crystal Palace is probably our favorite. We love having lunch there and the Pooh characters have been really fun. Tigger tackled my DS one time (not sure if it was an accident, but DS LOVED how silly the whole thing was).

At 1900 PF (breakfast), the Mad Hatter sat down and had a crazy conversation with DS. There was some confusion since DS was wearing a Splash Mountain t-shirt, Mad Hatter thought he was Splash Mountain. Giggles all around.

Every time we go to any character meal, we encounter something different. It's a good use of meal credits if you're on the DDP - I feel like I get my money's worth.

Characters in the park are fun, too. It all depends on how long you want to wait or how much money you want to spend.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

I don't know if I'm in the right forum, but i have been seeing many photo's of guests getting a photo with both Anna and Elsa alot recently. Or is this just when you have good character interaction and one wanders over to you and the other to get one photo together?

These must be older pictures, from when they met together on one side of the room. They're currently not allowed to be together on the same photo.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

As others have said, it really depends on who you want to meet!
I think a mix of meals and M&G is perfect.
As far as meals are concerned, we did lunch at CRT (Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Ariel, Jasmine) and Tusker House (Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Goofy), dinner at 1900 Park Fare (Cinderella, the stepfamily and the prince) and breakfast at Hollywood and Vine (Disney junior characters) and we loved all of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom