What are some rules which some people claim are true, however they never really exist?

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
Here is an interesting question for everyone. Have you ever had someone tell you WDW has a specifc rule and it's something they try to inforce, however when speaking to multiple Cast Members it turns out that rule does not exist. This is my example of what I am referring to.

On other WDW message I have seen some people say if you stay Club Level that you shouldn't eat too much food in the lounges because when something runs out it's not replaced. I can say from multiple Club Level experiences that the odd time when a specific food item is no longer available, then it's replaced with something else not planned to be served that evening. Also what those people don't realize is the foods which is not taken at the end of each food service gets thrown out. So my theory is the more food you take the less for the Cast Members need to throw out.

So what are some "rules" other people have said exist when they really don't?

Last edited:

rct247

I can tell you lots of rules that are true, but are hard to enforce and so they don't seem true.

- Shirt & Shoes are required at all times in the park for all ages. Infants do not need shoes unless they are walking.
- No wagons or luggage that are pulled from behind. Pull luggage should be carried. This goes for pull coolers too.
- Only one person should ever be on an electric scooter while it is in motion; meaning no lap children. Children under 16 should not be driving unless needed for medical purposes.
- You cannot hold places in line for people. Period. Your group should be together when you enter an attraction.

...just a few...lots more.

rct247

Here is one "rule" that even the WDW website says but isnt really true: Rider Switch is available at any attraction for those that cant ride or simply do not wish to ride.

In reality, rider switch passes are only available at attractions with a hieght requirement.

jl3283

Here is an interesting question for everyone. Have you ever had someone tell you WDW has a specifc rule and it's something they try to inforce, however when speaking to multiple Cast Members it turns out that rule does not exist. This is my example of what I am referring to.

On other WDW message I have seen some people say if you stay Club Level that you shouldn't eat too much food in the lounges because when something runs out it's not replaced. I can say from multiple Club Level experiences that the odd time when a specific food item is no longer available, then it's replaced with something else not planned to be served that evening. Also what those people don't realize is the foods which is not taken at the end of each food service gets thrown out. So my theory is the more food you take the less for the Cast Members need to throw out.

So what are some "rules" other people have said exist when they really don't?

That sitting on a wall isn't allowed. I get so angry when cast members tell me I can't sit on a wall ledge or a crate like the ones in tomorrowland. If there was enough benches, i wouldn't need to sit on a wall ledge.

R W B

I can tell you lots of rules that are true, but are hard to enforce and so they don't seem true.

- Shirt & Shoes are required at all times in the park for all ages. Infants do not need shoes unless they are walking.
I wear shoes all the time, I know im weird because even at water parks I wear swim shoes. I don't need a rule to tell me that one lol.

rct247

Another...

You have to be staying at a resort to visit it or park there.

False. You can visit to see the resort and dine. If it is busy, they may be more strict, but as long as you are going with the intent to eat or visit a specific sight inside, you should be ok.

Pool hopping and closer/free parking are not reasons and there are rules against those.

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
Pool hopping and closer/free parking are not reasons and there are rules against those.
To be fair pool is legal for DVC members with the exception of certin dates a year. Although Stormalong Bay and the Bay Lake Tower pool are the only pools off where pool hopping for DVC members is not allowed.

However since pool hopping is not ok for other guests who stay onsite I always found it weird that it's ok for DVC members and for others it's not.

PhilharMagician

To be fair pool is legal for DVC members with the exception of certin dates a year. Although Stormalong Bay and the Bay Lake Tower pool are the only pools off where pool hopping for DVC members is not allowed.

However since pool hopping is not ok for other guests who stay onsite I always found it weird that it's ok for DVC members and for others it's not.

Also included in the restriction for DVC is any quiet pools @ Yacht/Beach and all AKL pools

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
Also included in the restriction for DVC is any quiet pools @ Yacht/Beach and all AKL pools
Just curious how can they have a restricton for the quiet pools @ Yacht Club/Beach Club/Beach Club Villas? Only asking because one time when I went to visit the Beach Club I walked in by the Beach Club quiet pool entrance and there was no lifeguard, although none of the quiet pools in any resort have them.

horizons82

You can visit to see the resort and dine. If it is busy, they may be more strict, but as long as you are going with the intent to eat or visit a specific sight inside, you should be ok.

This is always an interesting one because we love to go to some of the resorts to eat, walk around the public areas, perhaps take in the hotel's arcade, etc (but never to use something like the pool that would be strictly just for those staying there). We don't always have reservations at TS because sometimes we just like to go and have a QS meal and just look around for a few hours and have wondered if that is within Disney's rules to be able to do so, which it does seem like it is.

It's never really been an issue to get in as security has always allowed us in after stating we are there to eat or whatever. The ONLY time we HAD to have a dinner reservation to get admitted was near Christmas at the Grand Floridian on a Saturday night close to Christmas, and we did have one for Citricos that night.

I guess how strict security is as far as letting non-guests in simply has to do with how busy of a season it is or if there are any special events going on where non-guests shouldn't be let in without official reservations. Otherwise, I assume the security gates are mostly to off those who would take advantage of popping into the resorts simply to take advantage of parking.

PhilharMagician

WDW transportation is for WDW resort guests only. Anyone can ride on WDW transportation at any time.

Theme Parks close at posted time for that given day. Rides and attractions cease operation at the posted closing time. Most people leave, but exiting shops remain open basically until the park clears which can be in many cases well over an hour.

Water is only available at drinking water fountains around the parks. You can ask at any counter service that serves soda fountain beverages and they will give you a cup of filtered ice water for FREE. The best part is it usually does not taste like the typical FL swamp water from the drinking fountains.

PhilharMagician

Just curious how can they have a restricton for the quiet pools @ Yacht Club/Beach Club/Beach Club Villas? Only asking because one time when I went to visit the Beach Club I walked in by the Beach Club quiet pool entrance and there was no lifeguard, although none of the quiet pools in any resort have them.

What does a lifeguard have to do with rules? Even @ Stormalong Bay the lifeguard has nothing to do with checking people. There usually is someone specifically posted @ the towel cart checking ID's and handing out bracelets last time I stayed there.

Here, I just did a search to verify and this is from DVC News:
Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Stormalong Bay and the leisure pools at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts. In addition, this restriction includes the leisure pools at these two resort hotels. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Stormalong Bay is the only pool that I am aware of that has ever had some regularly checking ID's.

Never been to YC quiet pool so I do not know and the BC and BCV quiet pools do not check ID's and like you said there is nobody even there including lifeguards.

Bay Cove needs your BLT room card to open the gate locks to enter which helps to keep some out. People can and have slipped through the gate when someone else opens it and goes through.

Both AKL Pools have nobody posted checking ID's and no gates. I have never been checked in the dozen times staying at both AKL's .Anyone can enter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom