What are all of these buildings (satellite picture)

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by jmarc63

nite..... You have to remember one thing here. this area was the original service area for WDW when opened in 1971, except for the Monorail barn addition in 82 for Epcot and one or two additional buildings this area is pretty much as it was in 1971 and the area needed to be used effecently and was designed as the central service and building area for WDW. I am shur there have been other areas built or desiginated for servicing of WDW infastructure with the heavy expansion in the last twenty years.

I am afraid I do not understand what you are getting at here. I was offering credit to Disney for building an all in one maintenance facility that avoids dupilcation of many of the physical requirements of such service centers.

In regards to Disney expanding its service facilities, I think you would be suprised how much things really haven't changed because the designers and builders had a lot of forsight back the late 60's and early 70's to build facilities that could handle much of the growth.

Invero

Originally posted by niteobsrvr

I would have to say that the NOVA's aren't a bad bus. But a lot of the drivers are abusive.

It's not that it's a bad bus... it's that it was poorly designed, and poorly built. While yes, it is a much more complex bus than the RTS, it also has a significant amount of design flaws. For example, the engine compartment is not ventilated properly. The heat from the engine rises to match the heat on the turbo charger, thus causing premature turbocharger failure. And according to Detroit Diesel, it's the pacakaging, not the engine causing the failure.

Another common problem, is that the chassis does not flex properly in corners, thus transferring additional energy to the low-profile tires. This warps them out of balance, and is why a lot of those busses tend to vibrate heavily at 45mph. From what I've been told, those busses go through tires very quickly.

To top off the design flaws, the Quality Control is atrocious. I had the opportunity to be one of the first ones to drive one of the Nova's in service. The thing had less than a thousand miles on it. It had no dash lights, the ramp would not deploy, and the Check Engine light came on at the All-Stars security gate. And of course, in addition to all that, the A/C was leaking water all over me and the console all night. (No wonder the dash lights didn't work, they probably got shorted out by the A/C condensation that always leaks on the driver)

I'm just hoping that NovaBUS has addressed some of these quality control issues in our 3rd (and last) batch of LFS busses. Like I said before, it's not that they are a bad bus... they've certainly got thier good points. But I just had hoped that since Prevost owned them... they'd make a higher quality bus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom