What all does Disney own in CA?

WDWspider

Original Poster
Aside from Disneyland Resort and all it encompasses, what else does Disney own in CA? I have read about an Ice skating rink and the El Capitain movie theatre, anything else?

DCA Fan

Disney owns (in CA):
- Disneyland Resort
- 50 acre strawberry patch (to become a park)
- El Capitan Theatre
- Arrowhead Pond
- Mighty Ducks training rink
- Walt once owned a ski resort, but I think that was sold off
- Disney Studios
- WDI Labs
- Disney internet group

I think there's more, I'm not sure.

triparkal

Originally posted by DCA Fan
Disney owns (in CA):
- Disneyland Resort
- 50 acre strawberry patch (to become a park)
- El Capitan Theatre
- Arrowhead Pond
- Mighty Ducks training rink
- Walt once owned a ski resort, but I think that was sold off
- Disney Studios
- WDI Labs
- Disney internet group

I think there's more, I'm not sure.

They also have the Partners Federal Credit Union building, the new performing arts center in LA that they're building, and probably plenty more that we don't even realize.
-john v

JLW11Hi

...And the Disney Channel!

Its probably considered part of the Studios, but correct me if Im wrong, I believe its in a seperate building outside the gates.

I danno :)

Lhriangel

And Miramax
And Touchtone
And Hollywood Pictures (lol)
I'm trying to think of anything else..

John are you *sure* about the Performing Arts building in LA because I thought that that was just a donation to CalArts (but have you seen the design? it's great).

I have *somewhere* a poster that has everything Disney owns on it but that poster is not in front of me at the moment and I can't remember off the top of my head.

DCA Fan

The Disney Concert Hall is NOT owned by Disney. It was named that after Walt's wife donated a considerable sum to have it built. Now, several million $$$ over budget, it opens/will open (?) Doesn't it look grand?

WDWspider

Original Poster
Wow, so in a way, Anaheim and LA is like a true Disney City (with other companies scattered about as well), whereas WDW is like a Disney made City (with a few lucky companies primarily scattered at DTD). :lol:

It is interesting to see how much Disney is throughout those areas of CA. I read that the train Walt use to ride is being placed in a park or something soon.

triparkal

Originally posted by Angelique
And Miramax
And Touchtone
And Hollywood Pictures (lol)
I'm trying to think of anything else..

yeah but that isn't LAND owned by the company (since that was the orignal question)
-john v

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom