What a difference 20 Years makes at WDW

Raxel7851

Transportation up/down Main Street runs every morning.
Not when I’ve been there. I was referring to all the different types of transportation, especially the horse drawn trolley cars that used the tracks on Main St. The Fire engine and Double Decker buses.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Not when I’ve been there. I was referring to all the different types of transportation, especially the horse drawn trolley cars that used the tracks on Main St. The Fire engine and Double Decker buses.
Took this pic on Friday morning, just as the Trolley was about to leave the barn.

IMG_1271.jpeg

Other Main Street vehicles were already out and about!

Tony the Tigger

Started taking the family yearly to WDW in 1999 (close to 20 years) and couldn't help but realize all the things that have been taken away from the parks. Let me know if you think it's a good move or a bad move on the part of Disney:

Magic Kingdom
Snow White ride
Splash Mountain
Bakery on Main Street
Nighttime parade
Toon Town w/Mickey and Minnie's houses
Wishes

Hollywood Studios
Backlot Tour
Stunt Show
Osbourne Christmas Lights
Little Mermaid Show
Great Movie Ride
Mickey's Fantasia Hat
Now list all the things they’ve added.

Goofyernmost

I'm sure to most 40 years is quite unimaginable, but the change list goes on and on. It's my opinion that with the exception of a few the changes were very positive because the technology advance so rapidly at the 30 years ago mark the it was absolutely necessary and is partially what kept Disney Theme Parks alive. I might install a caveat here and say that many of the more recent changes were a little less than inspired.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

I'm sure to most 40 years is quite unimaginable, but the change list goes on and on. It's my opinion that with the exception of a few the changes were very positive because the technology advance so rapidly a the 30 years ago mark the it was absolutely necessary and is partially what kept Disney Theme Parks alive. I might install a caveat here and say that many of the more recent changes were a little less than inspired.
Agree but Disney could have kept some of the old school attractions that were favored by many and also add the newer tech things. A combination of both wouuld have only added to the parks enjoyment for all. Its disheartening to see the old thrown out to make room for the new. It isnt like Dis never had the room to expand.

Goofyernmost

Agree but Disney could have kept some of the old school attractions that were favored by many and also add the newer tech things. A combination of both wouuld have only added to the parks enjoyment for all. Its disheartening to see the old thrown out to make room for the new. It isnt like Dis never had the room to expand.
Most of the historic old time attractions worth keeping are still in existence. Epcot had a problem of being large scale sponsored by outside places and had a lot of connecting demands that they had to honor thus the loss of some good, classics and some that were like owning a "lemon" auto that you have to wait to trade in and then you get something that was worse. It is a very complicated scenario that we, as tourist and fans, tend to think of as a simple reason that could remain without long term loss of support from the people sponsoring them. They maybe didn't have shareholders intensively controlling in the background, but they had all their eggs in one basket with those big money sponsors and without those sponsors there would be no EPCOT, so it's kind of a trade off. It is nice to think that everything has a simple 2 dimensional reason, but sadly life isn't like that, not even in a Disney Park. Lack of room has never been the excuse, but there is a limit, however, they haven't reached that yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom