What a change in 6 months

My family and I go to disney every year in may and october we have for the past 4 years. The trip usually consists of myself my wife my 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter and every so often some of our family members tag along any way it is always such a pleasant trip that we look foward to going back and we make it a habit to have our next trip booked before we leave for the first trip that way my son can come home and start his countdown to his next trip( I own 850 dvc points) I am currently in the boardwalk villas since may 16 and have noticed such a change in the way the cast members treat you and it's not just one or two I would say 65% of the cast members I have encountered have not only been not as nice as usual but are outright nasty and rude. I was speaking to one of the cm's on the ferry from the ttc to mk and he said they have hired alot of part time help in the last 6 month's these people need to learn how to treat guests or be replaced if they are not I think it will definitely have an effect on the number of repeat visitors (especialy first time guests) . I hope this issue is addressed soon because if it is not I would seriosly reconsider my vaction spot come next may

tirian

Actually, the first day I ever visited Walt Disney World (and this was over a decade ago), my family ran into an exremely obnoxious CM who pelted us with ridiculous, unfound accusations (she was later proven wrong). Still, we didn't let this affect the rest of our vacation; and I'm still a WDW nut!

You have to remember, however, that few people (Disney CM or not) are as friendly as they used to be; and even fewer folks still practice the basic rules of etiquette. Today's standard seems to be "Speak your mind and stay strong"; and even after someone has been through Disney training, it's hard for the company to undo years of bad child-rearing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom