What’s A Park Song You Can’t Stand?

StarWarsGirl

Okay, this one will probably be an unpopular choice, but...the song that they used to play after Illuminations, I believe is was called "Promise"...the song was perfectly fine, but the singer's voice was like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

Brer Panther

the voice for that Mickey sounds much more high pitched than usual- like they’re trying to make him more annoying than usual.
Chris Diamantopolous actually CAN do a good Mickey, as Once Upon a Studio demonstrates. It's when he's directed to be hyperactive zany deranged "LOL this iconic cartoon character is acting like an out of character" lunatic Mickey - the Mickey featured on the ride - that he fails.

As far as iconic cartoon characters sounding wrong, though, it's not nearly as bad as Matthew Lillard's Norville Rogers.

Last edited:

DisneyFanatic12

I love Nothing Can Stop Us Now, I guess I’m crazy!

I don’t really dislike any songs in use right now, they all work well for their intended purpose. However, I’m nervous about the new Dreams that Soar song. Hopefully it works well in its application and I grow to enjoy it 🤞

Starship824

In the Parks
No
"You are the Magic" the music it's self isn't that bad but the message makes no sense and also Enchantment is a terrible show And that just ruins it for me. Thankfully we don't have to hear it every night anymore.

Ice Gator

Original Poster
I just thought of another one I can't stand. It's a sound byte I see used a lot on TikTok and I'm not sure if it's actually from MMRR or just an A.I. voice.

"OH NO! The RIDE! It's... BROKEN!"

Absolutely hate it. I really hope that's not what they play when MMRR breaks down. It kind of breaks the illusion of it being an experience for me. Like when Haunted Mansion goes down, you get the narrator saying "restless spirits have halted our progress" or something along those lines. It just feels kind of lazy to me that an attraction of that magnitude would remind you "hey, you're not having a magical experience, just on a amusement park ride that broke down".

Cmdr_Crimson

I just thought of another one I can't stand. It's a sound byte I see used a lot on TikTok and I'm not sure if it's actually from MMRR or just an A.I. voice.

"OH NO! The RIDE! It's... BROKEN!"

Absolutely hate it. I really hope that's not what they play when MMRR breaks down. It kind of breaks the illusion of it being an experience for me. Like when Haunted Mansion goes down, you get the narrator saying "restless spirits have halted our progress" or something along those lines. It just feels kind of lazy to me that an attraction of that magnitude would remind you "hey, you're not having a magical experience, just on a amusement park ride that broke down".
Thankfully it's not...It's from a tiktok where the guy dresses up as sorcerer mickey and does Said horrible impression...

Here are 2 versions of what happens...

Cmdr_Crimson

One I have heard the CM's hated and has/was removed was the exit song for the original Mission:Space called "Destiny" The song was on a constant loop in the exit area of the attraction and fairly loud. The Cm's have stated it was like hearing Banshee screaming to had hearing it so many times..They luckily had turned off and removed the song as you exit..However, if you never heard it...Here it is...
8e68663f-4b65-4a78-94a5-40a015753d1a_text.gif

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

The parades like Magic Happens and shows like Mickey’s Mix Magic and the like that use Pop-y sounding music or remixes of classic tunes made to sound like modern pop or techno remixes. Totally breaks the Disney feel & theme for me. Keep it grand orchestral, theatrical, & big band sounding unless the actual theme of the attraction is thrill, rock n roll, etc. (see DL’s Space Mountain, California Screamin’ or Rock ‘n Roller Coaster.) 👌🏻

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

The parades like Magic Happens and shows like Mickey’s Mix Magic and the like that use Pop-y sounding music or remixes. Totally breaks the Disney feel & theme for me. Keep it grand orchestral & big band sounding unless the actual theme of the attraction is thrill, rock n roll, etc. (see DL’s Space Mountain, California Screamin’ or Rock ‘n Roller Coaster.) 👌🏻
I agree, The kids of the kingdom of the Eisner-ian era felt more welcoming and enjoyable to hear and made the parades and shows better..

hismattjesty

One I have heard the CM's hated and has/was removed was the exit song for the original Mission:Space called "Destiny" The song was on a constant loop in the exit area of the attraction and fairly loud. The Cm's have stated it was like hearing Banshee screaming to had hearing it so many times..They luckily had turned off and removed the song as you exit..However, if you never heard it...Here it is...
8e68663f-4b65-4a78-94a5-40a015753d1a_text.gif

Going to severely disagree on this one. Destiny is probably one of the best original attraction songs (not scores) in decades.

Cmdr_Crimson

Going to severely disagree on this one. Destiny is probably one of the best original attraction songs (not scores) in decades.
Again, Not for CM's who worked the first few years..This quote from one of the CM'S explains....

From wdwinfo
I’ve already mentioned explaining the attraction to people on repeat in the greeter position. As a cast member near the entrance, you’ll also become well versed on President Kennedy's speech about how he wants to send a man to the moon. But the number one thing that becomes a little too repetitive at Mission: SPACE, and I think my fellow ISTC crew members past and present will agree, is a little song called “Destiny.
0226AW_7987GD_2207-655x999.jpg

At the time I was working at Mission: SPACE there were at least three positions for cast members who stood at the exit of the attraction. It’s very typical to be standing there for a good 45 minutes at a time. All the while “Destiny” is playing a 3 and a half minute loop louder than you can possibly imagine. Some cast members I talked to were able to tune it out. Some of them sang along. But I’d say most were like me; they loathed every second of that music track. Next time you ride Mission: SPACE, try to notice how loud the music is when you exit the attraction. Then imagine standing there for 45 minutes.

Mireille

Premium Member
I just thought of a song I used to hate... The theme song from the original JII 3-D movie, Magic Journeys. Hated it, hated it, hated it... but when I found out my brother hated it more than me I would surprise play it around him all the time until I actually started to like it. It's such a weird song.

Musical Mermaid

"Nothing Can Stop Us Now" and "In the Big Blue World" come to mind. I'd also like to mute the background music at Disney Springs and the new Epcot music loop. That Epcot music wasn't irritating when I heard it for a few minutes on the nighttime Spaceship Earth show, but I don't enjoy it as a long, repetitive loop in the center of Epcot. It doesn't work for me.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I just thought of a song I used to hate... The theme song from the original JII 3-D movie, Magic Journeys. Hated it, hated it, hated it... but when I found out my brother hated it more than me I would surprise play it around him all the time until I actually started to like it. It's such a weird song.
This one?

It was very much a song of the time period. That's for sure. I think I didn't like the song because I associated it with the creepy witch scene in the film.

ppet

I always say "It's a small world"
But then I walk away and catch myself singing. It's a small world after all. I will just never admit it in public, maybe I shouldn't have posted this. oh well.

Mireille

Premium Member
This one?

It was very much a song of the time period. That's for sure. I think I didn't like the song because I associated it with the creepy witch scene in the film.

That is the one. I did not realize it was an actual Sherman Brothers song! I just remember it in the movie and then had a CD of Disney World music with that song on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom