Wetzel's Pretzels closing at the end of this week

Disney_Musketeer

Wetzel prietzel.jpg
My fiance and I went to the final night that it was open. The staff did not seem put off by it's closing. I did however here that it will be a two story starbucks......

Seabasealpha1

I shall miss thee pretzels of Wetzel's...your late night pretzel dogs hath sustained me when weary from the copious amounts of walking and shopping...I shall miss also your spicy brown mustard packets...they make the pretzel dog perfect...

I can only hope that another vendor with a similar food agenda will appear to satisfy my late night vacation cravings...

...a kiosk won't be the same...and there's always potential for total removal...

sniff...

CJR

I bet they will move into a permanent location as part of the Disney Springs expansion. It's possible they won't, but it seems logical unless they were just having poor sales (also possible).

cspencer96

I bet they will move into a permanent location as part of the Disney Springs expansion. It's possible they won't, but it seems logical unless they were just having poor sales (also possible).
I agree. I highly doubt the management would be so willing to bend to Disney's will if this weren't the case.

tirian

There were three. Now there is one. I call that progress.
There were FIVE.

• FrL (limited menu)
• WS near Canada (limited menu)
• DTD
• DAK
• Near DAK

And six if you count the one at Crossroads, the shopping center that was originally on Disney-owned property but not actually associated with WDW.

CDavid

There were FIVE.

• FrL (limited menu)
• WS near Canada (limited menu)
• DTD
• DAK
• Near DAK

And six if you count the one at Crossroads, the shopping center that was originally on Disney-owned property but not actually associated with WDW.

So you're saying the disease is 80% eradicated. Yes, that's progress.

DJMoore2011

Why is Starbucks being pushed every where? There are some people who don't drink coffee or even get sick at the smell of the stuff. So now when I go to DTD I have to find away around the smell of Starbucks to avoid hurling what food I have in my tummy

Tigger1988

Why is Starbucks being pushed every where? There are some people who don't drink coffee or even get sick at the smell of the stuff. So now when I go to DTD I have to find away around the smell of Starbucks to avoid hurling what food I have in my tummy
I don't drink coffee and I don't mind for a second that they're putting in Starbucks. I also saw no need for mall quality pretzels either.

The smell of seafood turns my stomach, does that mean I want them to stop serving it across property? No, that would be completely illogical.

DJMoore2011

I don't drink coffee and I don't mind for a second that they're putting in Starbucks. I also saw no need for mall quality pretzels either.

The smell of seafood turns my stomach, does that mean I want them to stop serving it across property? No, that would be completely illogical.

I didn't say for it to be stopped every where, I would like to see it in fewer places and not every time I turn a corner. It's in at Main Street Bakery and now at DTD/DS. What's next, every restaurant and hotel too?

Why does there have to be SO MANY places? That is what I would like to know. I'm not saying it needs to be stopped, I'm just asking why there can't be fewer of them.

maxairmike

Too late, as I'm pretty sure they "Proudly brew Starbucks coffee" at many of the resorts (as do most other mid-level chains and various other businesses that vend coffee). It is now the standard commercial coffee; a familiar, consistent, and comfortable food item that also sells at a premium price in large quantities.

MOXOMUMD

Agreed. I don't like the smell of a lot of the perfumes that permeate from the WS shops but I don't mind them. The more shops, the more varieties, the more customers.

Mouse Detective

I didn't say for it to be stopped every where, I would like to see it in fewer places and not every time I turn a corner.
Starbucks strategy is to completely dominate the coffee market so that they can charge premium prices. That's why there will be numerous locations within a small area and then yet more locations within nearby book stores and stores like Target. Former competitors such as Seattle's Best Coffee and Barnie's have been purchased and operate as subsidiaries. I have to assume that some locations operate at a loss but serve to keep competition away.

donaldtoo

Starbucks has already taken over the entire rest of the country so why not the "World"?
I can see it now...
"Club Starbucks", "Starbucks Gear", "World of Starbucks"..."It's a Starbucks World" (after all), "Pirates of Starbucks", "Starbucks Mountain(s)", "Haunted Starbucks",...
Up next, TSDC...
The Starbucks Disney Company:
Starbucksland, Starbucks World, Starbucksland Paris..... ;)

Hell, if we were to have another child (very unlikely) we might as well just name it (boy or girl) Starbucks. :D

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom