Wetter than usual this summer?

Fankle

Original Poster
We’ll be in Orlando for the last two weeks of August. Each day now I’ve started to look at the short-term forecast and it seems that there’s way more rain forecast than an afternoon storm each day. Is it proving to be a much wetter summer than usual? Or are the weather apps just not good at reflecting the very localised showers in Orlando.

We’ve travelled in May and October before but not high summer.

ToTBellHop

It’s a bit more rainy than normal. According to the National Weather Service, June usually sees 7.58” of rain. June 2018 saw 9.51”. And yet, 23 out of 30 days averaged partly cloudy. 26 days saw a thunderstorm, 9 days saw heavy rain. Let’s hope the tropics remain quiet, however!

Fankle

Original Poster
It’s a bit more rainy than normal.

Thanks - I wondered if that was the case. The weather it what it is and we'll need to work with it. (The rain jackets are already packed!) However, we've been having abnormal weather in the UK this summer (heatwave followed by heavy rain and storms) and elsewhere it seems non-standard too ( or so it seems from my highly non-scientific anecdotal catching of news reports).

For a non-local, it seems harder to interpret the Florida weather forecasts where some rain every day in the summer is the norm.

ToTBellHop

Thanks - I wondered if that was the case. The weather it what it is and we'll need to work with it. (The rain jackets are already packed!) However, we've been having abnormal weather in the UK this summer (heatwave followed by heavy rain and storms) and elsewhere it seems non-standard too ( or so it seems from my highly non-scientific anecdotal catching of news reports).

For a non-local, it seems harder to interpret the Florida weather forecasts where some rain every day in the summer is the norm.
The entire east coast of the US had a very hot, humid, stormy July. Hopefully August is more typical. Still unusually stormy this week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom