Westin Anaheim Resort Looking To Fill Roughly 400 Positions- Looking at an October, 2020 opening

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

>>A new hotel is opening across the street from Disneyland and in need of hundreds of employees.

The brand new Westin Anaheim Resort is opening in October and looking to fill around 400 positions.

“We’ve got a lot of different positions we are hiring for,” said Wincome Hospitality’s Sivilay Henry.

The AAA four diamond resort is starting to staff now in preparation of the opening.

“We’ve got five job fairs over the next couple months in July and August with the first one next week on July 7,” Henry said.

From housekeeping and engineering to food and beverage and the front desk, they are staffing the entire hotel.

Many of the positions come with full including healthcare and 401k matching.

“Full healthcare, 401k matching, actually at a higher percentage than most people get,” said Henry. “It all varies on the position and the package and what the person brings.”

Those who can’t make one of the job fairs can visit WestinAnaheimJobs.com for more information.<<

FYI, the Westin will be a non-union hotel at opening.

TP2000

Flemings Steakhouse paused its construction, but back to work, with a projected January, 2021 opening.

I had no idea that a Fleming's was part of this plan! That's great news, and a nice way to bring another Fleming's to OC as it started down in Newport Beach in the 1990's but now has dozens of locations around the Western Hemisphere.

I believe this would make Anaheim the only location to have the three major ultra-swanky steakhouse chains in America all within walking distance of each other; Morton's and Ruth's Chris on the other side of the Convention Center on Harbor, and now a Fleming's on the opposite side of the center on Katella in the Westin.

That's impressive for little 'ol Anaheim!

Last edited:

DrAlice

If their website room rates are accurate, they actually aren't too bad (from my cheapskate perspective). If they are truly 4 diamond, this might be one I look into for our next trip. It isn't much further than Paradise Pier (I know, because I've stayed at Stovall's about a bazillion times, and Anabella twice). I'd rather pay a little extra than I normally do for potential fireworks views in their concierge lounge, while still beating the price of Paradise Pier and (hopefully) better service. Hmmm......... I hope they don't raise the rates.... :(

DLR92

I wonder if the presidential suite would get the best aerial view? I thought the lounge park view is okay. This is judging from the photo from their website. lol

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
If their website room rates are accurate, they actually aren't too bad (from my cheapskate perspective). If they are truly 4 diamond, this might be one I look into for our next trip. It isn't much further than Paradise Pier (I know, because I've stayed at Stovall's about a bazillion times, and Anabella twice). I'd rather pay a little extra than I normally do for potential fireworks views in their concierge lounge, while still beating the price of Paradise Pier and (hopefully) better service. Hmmm......... I hope they don't raise the rates.... :(

To qualify for Anaheim's Tax Rebate program, it has to meet or beat AAA's 4 Diamond standards.

TP2000

Thank you for linking to those great Bioreconstruct photos! That guy is awesome. I owe him a drink.

This photo from yesterday of the Westin from the air is very helpful for Tiffy's fans. You can see the Tiffy's demolition at right, and also how handy it is to have that land open for the general aesthetics of the new hotel.

And apparently by Friday early afternoon, demolition was wrapping up and Tiffy's was gone.
Friday, July 11th, 2020: Mark that in your calendar so the children will remember.

I have circled the Tiffy's site, and because it's now about an hour away from my Saturday evening Sundowner cocktail, I have placed an X in the area of the rooftop bar that I plan to sit and watch the fireworks from next year.

InkedTiffy's_LI.jpg

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

Stevek

So, the Westin had a successful first job fair.

Still on tract to open mid-October, 2020.

That includes the Presto restaurant.

Flemings Steakhouse paused its construction, but back to work, with a projected January, 2021 opening.
A Fleming's! Makes me very happy.

Stevek

Thank you for linking to those great Bioreconstruct photos! That guy is awesome. I owe him a drink.

This photo from yesterday of the Westin from the air is very helpful for Tiffy's fans. You can see the Tiffy's demolition at right, and also how handy it is to have that land open for the general aesthetics of the new hotel.

And apparently by Friday early afternoon, demolition was wrapping up and Tiffy's was gone.
Friday, July 11th, 2020: Mark that in your calendar so the children will remember.

I have circled the Tiffy's site, and because it's now about an hour away from my Saturday evening Sundowner cocktail, I have placed an X in the area of the rooftop bar that I plan to sit and watch the fireworks from next year.

View attachment 483021
Sir, that's my seat.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

>>
The Westin Anaheim Resort is holding a series of job fairs in order to fill 400 positions at the 4-Diamond hotel, located across from the Disneyland Resort and slated to open in October 2020.

The $245-million, 618-room luxury hotel is owned by Wincome Properties, and is the first new Westin built in Southern California in a quarter century.

The first job fair was yesterday, August 4. The next is scheduled for August 18 to hire for positions in food & beverage, front office, culinary, stewarding, and engineering only.

The third job fair is August 25 and will focus on hiring for housekeeping, front office, guest services, bell/valet, PBX, food & beverage, culinary, stewarding, and engineering.

The job fairs will take place at The Anaheim Hotel – another Wincome property – from 10:00 a.m. to Noon, and 1:00-3:00 p.m. The Anaheim Hotel is located at 1700 South Harbor Boulevard.

According to Wincome, they are looking overall for job candidates who rate 5 stars in customer service, and will also offer entry-level opportunities.

“We will of course be practicing social distancing, temperature checks and face masks,” said Wincome Director of Marketing Sivilay Henry.

Click here for more information.

The new 4-Diamond property will feature seven restaurants, including Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar, and Puesto, offering authentic Mexican cuisine. The hotel’s signature restaurant, the Tangerine Room, will serve California inspired dishes and RISE Rooftop Bar offers tapas and cocktails. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and a 3,600-square-foot fitness center.

The property’s two largest spaces are the 16,100-square-foot Annabelle Ballroom which has more than 3,000 square feet of pre-function space, and the smaller Carousel Ballroom. A 3,500-square-foot rooftop terrace is designed for up to 200 guests and has views of the nightly fireworks at Disneyland.<<

mandelbrot

While I am sure there are many people applying for these jobs, it is very likely the hotel will not fully operate until well until into 2021. Without the parks and without the convention center there is no way for this hotel to operate at a level high enough to retain staff until next summer.

NobodyElse

While I am sure there are many people applying for these jobs, it is very likely the hotel will not fully operate until well until into 2021. Without the parks and without the convention center there is no way for this hotel to operate at a level high enough to retain staff until next summer.

I agree. 2021 looks to be off to a rocky start. We'll see what other big dominoes fall at the Convention Center.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom