Westgate Lakes Resort

kcamozzi67

Original Poster
Hi - wondering if anyone had info on this timeshare resort? I am planning a WDW trip this Nov with some family and friends, and although my DH, DD and I will be staying on-site at WDW everyone else will be at Westgate. Our friends own at a different Westgate resort and this is their first time to WDW - they seem to not get much info from Westgate itself when they inquire about stuff and have even been told that they cannot book until 6 months out...I just thought that was a bit odd...Is that the way timeshare resorts work? Anyhow, I am trying to collect info for them such as the free shuttle to the theme parks, how often it runs and airport shuttle etc... any info would be greatly appreciated. :happy: Thanks in advance!

vikz55

We own at Westgate Lakes and have booked about 9m in advance for Westgate Town Centre in Aug. I am not aware of any booking restrictions, we have booked 12m in advance before. 6m is definitely not correct though. I assume you are referring to the actual reservation of rooms.
The resorts run free shuttles but they need to be booked. I don't know how often, but its not a continuous service. I think I have seen timetables on their website though.
They don't have airport shuttles. In my experience staying at Westgate's and not renting a car is not really feasible - although we do tend to go for 3wks at least and visit Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and do shopping too

kcamozzi67

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your info! I will let my friends know to perhaps try calling Westgate again. It is good to know about the shuttle service too - thanks! We are planning to stay for 2 weeks and I think renting a car is a good idea too.

danheaton

We stayed at Westgate Town Center, and I'd definitely recommend renting a car. I know it's in a different spot, but I wouldn't rely on the shuttles. Also, I'd be wary of the check-in process. They were really pushy and condescending at the Town Center. The rooms were really nice, and it was fine once we got past that point.

Seanual757

Renting a car IMHO is a must around Kissimmee/Orlando if you plan to travel off site. Make sure if you are Costco, Sams Club, Amex Travel to check for your discounts it will reduce your cost quite a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom