Western Way is a Huge Speedtrap.....

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Just a reminder, OCSO is heavily enforcing the speed limit of 35 MPH on Western Way near Coronado Springs. Every time i travel the road, OCSO is either running radar or writing a ticket in that area.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
35 does seem a tad slow for a stretch of road like that. There's nothing around, few cross streets...just another way to make money off the tourists. :mad:

BwanaBob

35 does seem a tad slow for a stretch of road like that. There's nothing around, few cross streets...just another way to make money off the tourists. :mad:

Promotes the use of Disney Transportation!

Probably a 'smart' move in many respects.

Still a pain in the !!!

napnet

Yeah i have seen them, right as you cross the bridge they were sitting in the median at the Coronado Springs bus entrance. Thankfully i was going the speed limit (i never speed on wdw property... too many ocso..) but the car that passed me wasn't ;)

Used2BePluto

Hate to tel lya this, but it is a proven fact that more locals get busted on Disney property then touristas do. People on vacation are usually not in the rush that locals are to get somewhere (work, home, DTD for DV8 nite, etc). Now that the back entrance (employee entrance) no longer has a guard posted, everyone is cutting through there and hauling booty going somewhere on property.

Next time you see one of the green boys (OCSO) passing out tickets, look at the car, is the plate for out of state, gee, think about it. Sure COULD be a rental, but seriously, more likely some holier then though tourista haten playa thinkin dat Disney is THEIR speedway.

TTFN,
Mark
lepowphoto.com

Epcot82Guy

This may also promote some development on that side of the resort. If you have large areas fielding traffic (and, therefore, lights), that may reduce the speed some people use (although nothing is guaranteed in the FL OC).

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Hate to tel lya this, but it is a proven fact that more locals get busted on Disney property then touristas do. People on vacation are usually not in the rush that locals are to get somewhere (work, home, DTD for DV8 nite, etc). Now that the back entrance (employee entrance) no longer has a guard posted, everyone is cutting through there and hauling booty going somewhere on property.

Next time you see one of the green boys (OCSO) passing out tickets, look at the car, is the plate for out of state, gee, think about it. Sure COULD be a rental, but seriously, more likely some holier then though tourista haten playa thinkin dat Disney is THEIR speedway.

TTFN,
Mark
lepowphoto.com
En ingles por favor?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Dave... you know my views of OCSO Sector 6 (WDW), writing state issued citations while on Disney's Dime.

Where is the ACLU when you need them?

JLW11Hi

I've heard that a majority of the people pulled over for speeing are CMs on their way to work!

This was told to us at our CP orientation, anyway.

Used2BePluto

but seriously, more likely some holier then though tourista haten playa thinkin dat Disney is THEIR speedway.

BEFORE the above turns in to something it was not meant to be read as, I DO NOT TALK LIKE THAT. I went to school and listened to my teachers, and then went off to college. I was merely typing words that the average Disney employee might think as they treat Disney property as their personal super speedway. Of course, since NOT ONE Disney employee actually speeds on Disney property, no one could claim that I offended them. Cool logic don't you think.

Also, wanna take bets on who spends more time behind the new firestation near DTD, tourists or locals?

TTFN, bow wow, have a bonederful night,
Mark
lepowphoto.com

Used2BePluto

Dave... you know my views of OCSO Sector 6 (WDW), writing state issued citations while on Disney's Dime.

Where is the ACLU when you need them?

Complaining about the big bad mean Orlando Police picking on the homeless who simply want to eat their free food in downtown Orlando.

TTFN, bow wow, ruff ruff, have a bonederful night,
Mark
lepowphoto.com

boo52

It kills me that they sit out there adding to the coffers in such a desolate area. While over at the North end of property by the fireworks firing site for MK we have almost been involved in 7 vehicular accidents and almost hit standing on side of the road putting trash in the dumpster 3 times due to people going 60 in a 35 and passing on a double yellow. These guys have been asked countless times to patrol this area, but have yet to date. Will it take a serious accident before they will notice.

have to agree here i travel that road all the time and no i am not a cm but i like the idea of police enforce speed limits but the road is in the middle of no where and yes the 35mph is a little bit of a stretch i have never seen such a road be heavily enforced by law enforcement we have off ramps with sharp turn with speed limit signs more than 35mph.

Admiral

maelstrom

Well... weren't we talking not too long ago about them building some new DTD-ish thing on Western Way? Maybe they're keeping the speed limit down to 35 because when this new thing gets built, you're going to have to go slow there, and they don't want people to get accustomed to going 55.

Where I live, they're in the process of building this new "retirement village" or whatever you want to call it, off this road that used to have a solid 45 speed limit with no lights. Now they put in a light near where this place is going to be. It's not open yet, but they want people to get in the habit of stopping for a light there.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Like all scuffers world wide they are making revenue for their masters, cha ching, still easier to resolve than proper crime and cheaper too.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It kills me that they sit out there adding to the coffers in such a desolate area. While over at the North end of property by the fireworks firing site for MK we have almost been involved in 7 vehicular accidents and almost hit standing on side of the road putting trash in the dumpster 3 times due to people going 60 in a 35 and passing on a double yellow. These guys have been asked countless times to patrol this area, but have yet to date. Will it take a serious accident before they will notice.
In a word yes. There was in intersection up here in Jacksonville between 2 shopping centers that had a major accident almost daily. A light was not put up until one of the accidents involved a fatality yet a light was put up in front of Queens Harbour yacht an country club without a single major accident. I doubt the systems works any different in central Florida.

RIPHorizons

but seriously, more likely some holier then though tourista haten playa thinkin dat Disney is THEIR speedway.

BEFORE the above turns in to something it was not meant to be read as, I DO NOT TALK LIKE THAT. I went to school and listened to my teachers, and then went off to college. I was merely typing words that the average Disney employee might think as they treat Disney property as their personal super speedway. Of course, since NOT ONE Disney employee actually speeds on Disney property, no one could claim that I offended them. Cool logic don't you think.

Also, wanna take bets on who spends more time behind the new firestation near DTD, tourists or locals?

TTFN, bow wow, have a bonederful night,
Mark
lepowphoto.com

Now I know that you NEVER speed.... not even 36 in a 35.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom