We're staying at the Dolphin

BoarderPhreak

Yea, these type of rates can be found on a regular basis. Just keep checking because the rates fluctuate like crazy.
Not only that, but the Dolphin especially - is subject to convention traffic as well as the usual Disney peaks (e.g. opening of SWGE, Epcot festivals, etc.). So even just getting a room when you want it can be hard, regardless of rate. Best to check both Swan and Dolphin, and be a little flexible on dates if you can. And of course, keep checking and also check third-parties (e.g. Trivago, booking.com, hotels.com, yada yada).

JusticeDisney

We are Staying at the Dolphin and I’m okay with it, that is unless you change my mind.
We have been deluxe resort snobs for years. The Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Yacht Club. We have stayed in them all. For years my DW and DS would only stay on the monorail. For our last trip my DW and I stayed at the Yacht Club and we loved the Crescent Lake Area.
For our next secret get away, it’s a secret because we can’t tell our son in college or we would never hear the end of it, but I digress, we both agreed the Yacht Club was too pricey. We thought long and hard about one of the French Quarter moderate resorts and then my DW informed me she booked the Dolphin. I’m okay with it, I think. I believe the DME does not go to the Dolphin or Swan, other than that what else is not available to us.
Please tell me the pros and cons. Do we need to rethink this decision, or will we be happy with our choice?
Well, the Dolphin is a deluxe so your snobbery may continue! 😉

All kidding aside, you will love at hotel. Tremendous location, wonderful dining options, and a very reasonable price. Oh, and the beds are the most comfortable anywhere on property, at least IMHO.

Have an awesome time! And please survive the wrath of your son once he finds out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom