We're on a Mardi Gras float on 3/11 !

macefamily

Original Poster
Has anyone else had the opportunity to ride a float in the Mardi Gras parade at Universal ? We're from PA, but we are season passholders. We put our names in the drawing a few weeks ago and we were just notified we're in. Going to be an interesting experience. Waiting to get further instructions on what we need to do.

JoeCamel

Has anyone else had the opportunity to ride a float in the Mardi Gras parade at Universal ? We're from PA, but we are season passholders. We put our names in the drawing a few weeks ago and we were just notified we're in. Going to be an interesting experience. Waiting to get further instructions on what we need to do.
Sure, its a blast throwing beads. Have a great time.

lebeau

Should not be hard to get on, they need dozens of volunteers every night. Lots of spots available.

Yeah, but we're not going to try very hard. ;)

I signed up at the website for APHs but I doubt we'll go to the trouble of standby if our names aren't drawn. We're going to be there for a full week, so I figure we have a pretty good shot on a weeknight. If it doesn't work out, that's fine. I'll see if the kids want to go through the standby process, but I am guessing they won't.

Last edited:

macefamily

Original Poster
Rode the "Insect" float on the Mardi Gras parade last night with the family. It was awesome ! I must say that Universal does a great job in organizing so many people, dressing them, equipping them with MASSIVE amounts of beads, and keeping everyone safe. The floats were gorgeous and everyone on our float had a wonderful time.

JoeCamel

Rode the "Insect" float on the Mardi Gras parade last night with the family. It was awesome ! I must say that Universal does a great job in organizing so many people, dressing them, equipping them with MASSIVE amounts of beads, and keeping everyone safe. The floats were gorgeous and everyone on our float had a wonderful time.
Its a must do if you get the opportunity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom