We're HERE!!! (At the SWAN, NOW!!!)

The flight wasn't bad, except that a passenger a few rows up from us threw up all over the plane when we landed.

The MEARS Shuttle ride from MCO to the SWAN took about 30 minutes. We made stops at the Hyatt and Hilton before being dropped off at the Swan.

The front desk staff so far has been superb!! (Maybe because I have the same last name as the young lady that checked us in.)

I got our room upgraded from standard to standard w/ balcony for free!!!!! We're on the 6th floor, with a perfect view of the lagoon where the friendship boats dock and depart.

making starbucks coffee in the room, now off to find the DSA's.

MORE TO COME!!

Joshsteve

Original Poster
We're here the 23rd through 28th.

The courtyards at the Swan are apparently all DSA's. Nice chairs and lounges surrounding the fountains.

We took the bus to Downtown Disney. On the way, they made an unscheduled stop because one of the other passengers got sick. They let them off at the gate to Yacht Club.

DTD seemed pretty bumping tonight, crowd wise, although I had never been to DTD before, and got lost/overwhelmed a little. Decided to give our feet a rest, and took the ferry from Marketplace across to West Side.

We got a walk-in table at Wolfgang Puck's Cafe. Had great sushi and hands down the best Miso Soup we've had anywhere, and they made my girlfriend a "Shirley Temple."

Rode the ferry back to the marketplace, and took the buses back to the Swan.

Housekeeping just showed up with my coffee re-supply.

Not bad for arrival day. It's Midnight and I might head over to see what kind of nonsense they sell at picabu.

Tomorrow is EMH at DHS.. not sure what we're gonna do during the day yet.

Joshsteve

Original Poster
12:51 am update.

Walked over from the Swan to the Dolphin. Only ran into one couple having beers by the Dolphin fountain. Otherwise, it's a ghost town at this time of night.

Picabu is well stocked.

Energy drinks!!

Joshsteve

Original Poster
A little slow to get going this morning.

We're gonna take the bus to the Magic Kingdom, and get on the monorail from there to go to Epcot.

"Why aren't you taking the boat, jackass?"

Because:
we want to ride Spaceship Earth as our first ride in the parks and work our way to the back. We can leave from the World Showcase using the boats to the swan when we're done. This saves us from having to walk back to the front of Epcot.

The walk from Swan, through the boardwalk, to Epcot, is a 20 minute walk. DG (disney-girlfriend) has trouble with long walks, so that's kinda out of the question.

Joshsteve

Original Poster
Thanks Melissa,

I think that the monorail ride to Epcot is a great way to "officially" start our Disney Vacation even though we got here last night.

DHS has EMH tonight, so we are Epcot today and DHS tonight...

wiigirl

You can also take a bus from Hollywood Studios to the front of Epcot. A morning monorail ride is nice, though.

Nothing beats the monorail...:p
75.gif

Joshsteve

Original Poster
took the bus to Magic Kingdom, then caught the Monorail to Epcot.

WALKED ON TO EVERY RIDE.

We did SSE, then living with the land, then ate at Seasons. My girlfriend had a seared tuna salad that I ended up having to return to a manager for a refund because the Tuna was just... not good. It was the wrong "cut" of Tuna to be seared, it ended up being very very tough (so much so that the plastic knives provided COULDN'T CUT THROUGH THE TUNA. I tried to bite through a piece and couldn't.) Kinda disappointed in that Counter Service experience.

Then we hit Captain EO, Imagination, Universe Of Energy and got sick on Mission Space Green. (intense side.)

There's no bus from Epcot to the SWAN , we would have had to take the monorail to the TTC and then caught a bus or another monorail, so instead we took a cab from Epcot back to the swan. With tip, it cost 14$, and the cab ride only took 5 minutes, which was totally worth not having to waste another hour on Disney Transport or throwing up in public.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom