We're Coming Back

Snapper Bean

Original Poster
Last year we surprised our kids with a long weekend trip to USF (one day at MK) over Martin Luther King Day weekend. Despite very cold temperatures we had such a good time we decided to do it again. We'll be staying at the Royal Pacific again (love those front of the line privileges) and hitting Sea World, IOA, Universal and IOA/USF combined on the last day.

We're checking the 10 day forecasts and I'm personnally hoping that its warm enough to try the water rides which we skipped last year. We're DVC members and Disney enthusiasts but enjoyed USF as a change of pace. I think Spiderman is a fabulous ride and think Cat in the Hat is a first class dark ride as well. Hoping that BTTF hangs on and we can do it one last time.

Any restaurant recommendations for a family with kids 6 and 9? We liked Margaritaville last year and will probably do that again at least once.

IOACentralRadio

Mythos is fun....right in the middle of the park. Also Bubba Gumps...even if they dont like shrimp, they have tons of the normal stuff for kids. Enjoy your trip.

coasterphil

I had a very good meal at NBA City on my last trip to Universal, I thought it was much better than the stuff at Margaritaville. Also, I second the suggestion for Mythos inside of IOA. Lots of good stuff to choose from there.

cmatt

i loved mythos... have a superb time! i will always go back to universal.... and im definatly staying in one of the hotels next time!

I just cant believe that stone sour played at hard rock 2 or 3 years ago and I MISSED IT!

crazydaveh

Margaritaville is the best. If you're of age and enjoy adult drinks, try the perfect margarita. Oh my, so good.

Pat O'Brien's is fun too. You might want to give the kids some cash to see a movie and go there. Hurricane's are for real, they'll mess you up!

I'll be there too. I'll be at the bar or on a coaster!

kcnole

Mythos is wonderful inside the park. My two favorites in Citywalk are margaritaville and Bubba Gumps so those are all great suggestions.

As for the water rides, you can do them even when its cold. Just buy some ponchos and wear them. You'll stay relatively dry.

jorgetheviking

Meal Deal! You pay to eat at select resturants all day. When you get to the park check your map and see which resturants have Meal Deal. It is by far the best dining deal at Universal Orlando.
Kcnole are you on IOA central? I recognize your name.

kcnole

Yep I post over at IOACentral.

As for mealdeal, I don't like it. Unless you plan on stuffing yourself all day long with nothing but hamburgers, french fries, and pizza its not really worth the money. It doesn't compare to Disney's meal plan at all since Disney's includes some great restaurants. If Mythos and Citywalk restaurants were included it would be great, but to pay that money just to eat all the crappy hamburgers, fettucini, and pizza you want all day (and don't forget that drinks are extra) just doesn't seem to be a good deal. Maybe its because I like good food and not just food. If you just want to eat a lot it will work well, but that's not my plan. Some people may like it though.

Snapper Bean

Original Poster
Screamscape is reporting that Ripsaw falls is closed again for rehab. Can anyone confirm? Kind of bummer as it was closed the last time I was there and was looking forward to giving it a try.

jorgetheviking

pict0025xo3.jpg

Confirmed! I have no idea what they're doing I'll try and find out on Saturday.

JT3000

It's the usual "Were acting busy but not really doing anything" winter rehab. Maybe they'll alter the angle of the drop by a quarter of an inch. Maybe.

jorgetheviking

It's the usual "Were acting busy but not really doing anything" winter rehab. Maybe they'll alter the angle of the drop by a quarter of an inch. Maybe.
Is that an insult? :mad:
The crane is on the roof so they're probably painting it. btw. Whens the last time Splash Mountain has had a rehab?(not an insult Im just wondering) :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom