Well, we've decided

for our upcoming trip that we will be staying at WL lodge. Never stayed here. And picked this over AKL. But we will be choosing a woods view. So just hoping to get some info as far as what could we view? Like in a woodsview could we actually get a view of the fireworks? If so where is a good part of the lodge to request? Thanks for any info. :wave:

happymom52003

We love the Wilderness Lodge, but we stay in the villas so I am not as familar with the room options in the main part of the resort. Here is a link that has some info that might be helpful to you. Scroll down and there is a section that gives a brief description of the views. Have a great trip! You will LOVE the Wilderness Lodge!
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_wl.htm

Upvote 0

Philo

Looks like you had the same problem as me! In the end we couldn't decide between WL and AKL so we split the say between them.

Like you we asked for a wood view room (which I think comes with balony) but I also made a special request for a few certain rooms which (thanks to allears) should have great views of the lake.

Soom of the rooms (and only very few) have a 'restricted view' of the Magic Kingdom. I guess that means you might be able to see part of the castle but I'm not sure.

It might be worth your time reading up on the WL at allears and then make a request for the rooms you like the sound of. Just remeber that it is only a request and they don't guarentee anything.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Due to the maturation of the trees around WL, fewer and fewer rooms offer a good view of the castle or fireworks. Best viewing is from the boat dock.

Wilderness lodge is a beautiful resort, I'm sure you won't regret your choice.
Take advantage of Whispering Canyon Cafe for a hearty breakfast and dinner (as long as you don't mind a little noise :lookaroun). Artist Point is one of our favorite sit down dinner locations for a special meal. Usually pretty quiet and a nice menu.

You also have easy access to Trails End at the campgrounds, probably the best bargain (yet undiscovered) on property.

Boat ride to MK is very convenient.

Pool is great and I never get tired of watching the geiser (on the hour)

Upvote 0

bgraham34

You won't be dissapointed in choosing the lodge. Just having the boat ride to the Magic Kingdom is all worth it. And you certainly dont feel like your in Florida while you are there.

Upvote 0

eroyee

We love WL. we havent ever had woodsview but we went up to another floor and stood and watched fireworks from MK out the window. be sure and eat at whispering canyon cafe and ask for ketchup. It is a very beautiful and peaceful setting. wish I could see your face when you walk into the lobby for the first time.....:sohappy:

Upvote 0

coltow

We love WL and would stay there every trip if we could afford it. All rooms have a balcony, which is fantastic for morning coffee or reading paper while kids are napping. We did woods view once and it was nothing great, but I think it's because we were on the wrong side. I think if we were on the MK side it would have been better. We had courtyard last time and it was fantastic. We could see the pool, grounds and lake.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

As CT said earlier, due to the maturation of the trees its gotten hard to see the castle and fireworks. On our first trip there our kids stayed up for hours after the fireworks watching the castle change colors.

Try to get as high up as possible - 6th floor is the best - and ask for rooms ending in 020 to 032. 032 will be near an elevator (and its not too noisy) that will take you to the ground floor opposite the laundry and just down from the Roarin' Forks snack bar.

We love the skillet meals at the Whispering Canyon Cafe and just wandering around the lodge and grounds...its very peaceful.

Upvote 0
I just posted a picture of the woods view we had from a standard room last month, along with a picture of the balcony (well, half of it anyway). We couldn't see the fireworks from this room, but we could DEFINITELY hear the boat that goes from MK to WL...:rolleyes:

p.s. The pictures are posted in the Wilderness Lodge album of photo albums section.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

You will have a nice view of the scenery and of course woods around the resort. Wilderness Lodge does not offer very good views of the fireworks from basically anywhere. You can go to the beach and see a little bit of them, but as someone said the vegetation at the resort doesn't give you a clear view. All rooms have a patio or balcony.

Upvote 0

MissDiznee66

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for all the info. As well as for the link and picture. Glad to read that all the rooms have balconies. This is something I absolutely have to have when staying at a Deluxe resort. Me and my family have been to WCC for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So we were trying to decide if we should do Trails End this time. Also with bringing people who have never been here, it will be nice to see the surprise on their face when they walk into the lobby and see they geyser. And since they havent been to WCC or Trails that's why we were looking into if we should skip our "must do" of WCC. However duck races definitely something new to us, so will look into that. DD said wants a "campy" feel so a woodsview sounds like it would do it for us. I hope. Anyway good ideas here. Thanks again. :wave:

Upvote 0

MissDiznee66

Original Poster
One last question...Is there enough room in the woodsview rooms for a "blow up" full size mattress? How 'bout a twin size? It would be a room w/2 queen beds. Thanks:wave:

Upvote 0

tecowdw

Yes, all rooms, even standard view, have a balconey, and you can see the water parade from some courtyard or pool views.
Standard view rooms have two views, depending on the side of the building you get and are located directly above the lobby only. The top floor is concierge only so the regular standard rooms are only on levels 3-6.

South view - Rooms look toward the bus stop and are directly above the lobby. Can also see the Villas and driveway.

North view - Rooms overlook the resort delivery area and are directly above the lobby. They do face the Magic Kingdom but most rooms have obstructed views unless you are above the trees, say floor 5 and up.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom