Well guys, we're coming to Orlando on Wednesday

mergatroid

Original Poster
and I can't wait :). I've bee coming for over 35 years but even so as we didn't come last year, we're doubly excited. We're doing our packing today and have our new trainers purchased and movies etc downloaded for the trip (legally of course). We're coming for 3 weeks and to be honest I doubt I'll do much at work for my final 2 days. I'm aware posts like this mean nothing to everyone else, but just wanted to share my excitement :eek:

This year as a first we've booked a table at The Rose and Crown during a showing of Illuminations and also plan to try the new theatre at AMC Cinema in Downtown Disney where you can have a meal during the movie. If anyone can think of any other suggestions of slightly different things that I may not have experienced before, feel free to suggest. And if any of you are there at the same time, I'll be the guy with the bad leg and a big smile on his face in the parks :wave:

mergatroid

Original Poster
Have a wondereful time and don't forget to do the Halloween party too!

Thanks Susan, we've not decided whether to do MNSSHP or Universals Halloween party yet. Would like to try both but it costs so much and we're shelling out for two Premium AP's this year as well as already buying our Universal tickets online. By the way we're at the Rose and Crown on Saturday 22 Oct at 9pm if anyone fancies buying me a drink :slurp:

LilSuzy

YAY!!!! We will be there as well! Only for a short time while you and your wife are there (Oct 20-25th) but maybe I can stop by and say hello! :wave:

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
have a safe trip and enjoy a Bass while watching the show!! i hope the weather is great for all three weeks!

DizneyPryncess

Have a great trip!! I always love visiting Disney when I've taken a year off from visiting - something about it makes it even more exciting. Hope you have nice weather & enjoy your reservation at Rose & Crown!

Mr Wizard

If you are looking for something new to do, try the Richard Petty Driving Experience. It's pretty crazy expensive but super fun. I never had much interest in circle track racing or NASCAR. I'm a drag racer myself. But it was one of the neatest things I have ever done in FL. The only problem is that with the basic package of 8 laps it takes you pretty much 7 laps to figure things out and it's starting to get real fun, then it's over.

alawrence

My wife and I will also be there from the 15th to the 23rd. We are missing you at the Rose & Crown by one day!!! We will be there, same time, but on the 21st. :( I would definitely buy you a pint!!!

nngrendel

This year as a first we've booked a table at The Rose and Crown during a showing of Illuminations

Be sure when you arrive for your reservation that you tell the hostess that you would like to have a seat on the Veranda. They cannot guarantee you a seat out there but if you request one they will try to accommodate you. Be sure to watch out for the over friendly squirrels

Be sure to order the Imperial Sampler. Its awesome and have a Strongbow for me!!!
sdc12030a.jpg

muse1983

and I can't wait :). I've bee coming for over 35 years but even so as we didn't come last year, we're doubly excited. We're doing our packing today and have our new trainers purchased and movies etc downloaded for the trip (legally of course). We're coming for 3 weeks and to be honest I doubt I'll do much at work for my final 2 days. I'm aware posts like this mean nothing to everyone else, but just wanted to share my excitement :eek:

This year as a first we've booked a table at The Rose and Crown during a showing of Illuminations and also plan to try the new theatre at AMC Cinema in Downtown Disney where you can have a meal during the movie. If anyone can think of any other suggestions of slightly different things that I may not have experienced before, feel free to suggest. And if any of you are there at the same time, I'll be the guy with the bad leg and a big smile on his face in the parks :wave:

Maybe I will see you there! We will arrive on Friday!! If you see a tall, pale, red head...that's me :lol:

mergatroid

Original Poster
YAY!!!! We will be there as well! Only for a short time while you and your wife are there (Oct 20-25th) but maybe I can stop by and say hello! :wave:

Hey Suzy, I've internet access there so may pm you nearer the time depending on plans. Thanks :wave:

have a safe trip and enjoy a Bass while watching the show!! i hope the weather is great for all three weeks!

Thanks alot.

Have a great trip!! I always love visiting Disney when I've taken a year off from visiting - something about it makes it even more exciting. Hope you have nice weather & enjoy your reservation at Rose & Crown!

That's so kind, thanks.

If you are looking for something new to do, try the Richard Petty Driving Experience. It's pretty crazy expensive but super fun. I never had much interest in circle track racing or NASCAR. I'm a drag racer myself. But it was one of the neatest things I have ever done in FL. The only problem is that with the basic package of 8 laps it takes you pretty much 7 laps to figure things out and it's starting to get real fun, then it's over.

Sounds expensive :eek:,will take a look though thanks.

My wife and I will also be there from the 15th to the 23rd. We are missing you at the Rose & Crown by one day!!! We will be there, same time, but on the 21st. :( I would definitely buy you a pint!!!

So near and yet so far, have a great one yourself!

Be sure when you arrive for your reservation that you tell the hostess that you would like to have a seat on the Veranda. They cannot guarantee you a seat out there but if you request one they will try to accommodate you. Be sure to watch out for the over friendly squirrels

Be sure to order the Imperial Sampler. Its awesome and have a Strongbow for me!!!
sdc12030a.jpg

Great advice, will do and thanks.

Maybe I will see you there! We will arrive on Friday!! If you see a tall, pale, red head...that's me :lol:

Will look out and shout muse1983 to every tall pale redhead till I find you or get removed by security :animwink:

lbrad

DH & I just dined at Rose & Crown .... watched Illuminations from their deck.
It was AWESOME!!! Hope you score a seat outside ...if you don't you can move outside just before show time ... there is usually room for viewing the show.

Have a magical trip :wave:

mergatroid

Original Poster
DH & I just dined at Rose & Crown .... watched Illuminations from their deck.
It was AWESOME!!! Hope you score a seat outside ...if you don't you can move outside just before show time ... there is usually room for viewing the show.

Have a magical trip :wave:

Thanks, will do :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom