"Welcome the Disney-MGM Studios!": The Glory Days of DHS

Beholder

The Backlot was great! I loved everything from the really expansive prop room, the live narration, the expanded tour and the "House". The "Streetmosphere" performers were perfect in creating a fun and appropriate mood for MGM.

And why, please why, can't they have at LEAST one shop that sold nothing but vintage Hollywood movies, posters, props and thematically inspired merchandise??? I know they used to have some things like this, but now it's pretty much non-existent.

And now Indian Jones may go away. Ok, now I'm getting really depressed...

wdwstateofmind

How I loved MGM Studios when I was little. I was so excited to take the wife there for her first time and Disney made me look like a huge idiot when she realized half of the park is pretty much dead now and in no way what it used to be...

dodoriazarbon

I don't think I've done the Backlot Tour since it was changed, my uncle who goes to Fl every year pretty much warned me away from it. I have a lot of *vague* and good memories of it from when I was younger. I loved it...I loved seeing the people at work (similar to Art of Animation...I'll say nothing on that one :/) and all the props (even though I might have been too young to know what they were from at the time). I just graduated Filmmaking at University and my love of Disney as a child certainly steered me that way...shame the real insightful attractions are dying/reduced.

I was very disappointed in the selection in the Villains In Vogue store this year - I got so many awesome clothes from there when I was younger! I went this time, excited, to find virtually no real villains merch. Is this the state of things in general or just a seasonal thing?

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
Hadn't been to WDW since 2000 when I went in 2012. Backlot tour was closed. Bummed as my wife had never been on it and I remembered it being pretty awesome.

Fast forward to our next trip in May 2013. Go on Backlot Tour. " is this?!?". Save for Catastrophe Canyon, what a waste. There's nothing left to it! Certainly felt stupid for hyping it up so much to the wife.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom