Weirdest WDW experiences

dmagickingdom

Original Poster
I just wanted to start a thread and see what is the weirdest thing you have encountered while visiting Walt Disney World???

For me, it was on the ToT. I was getting into the first set of elevators to the left when we were all pulled off. Then, they moved us to the middle elevators and loaded us. For whatever reason, they also pulled us off of that one. And finally (three times a charm) we got on the third set on the far right and experienced the attraction with no problems.

It truly was a Tower of Terror for some as they had no clue what was going on and had second thoughts about getting in the third time.

DarkMeasures

This one time I was returning to For Wilderness from the Magic Kingdom and the boat was really full.

Well, when the boat dropped off the guests at the Wilderness Lodge, the entire right half got off and not a single person on the left moved. And when we got to Fort Wilderness the rest of the people on the left got off...

It was so messed up...

se8472

IUt might have been when I was on main street and snow white and the seven dwarves all walked past heading to the castle..was just so wired to see.

Nansafan

On our June of 2002 trip, we were there just before that month's full moon. While at DAK, we were on Dinosaur and the ride stopped, the lights came on and we were sitting there in our vehicle at the spot where they take your picture. We sat in the light for a few minutes, the the ride started again. The next day at Epcot, Test Track stopped just before the exit area and we assisted out of our car and walked off the ride. We received a pass to enter the ride from the exit for another ride at a later time. The next day, while at MK, riding the TTA, Space was lit up and we rode through with the lights on. That same day, Buzz stopped 3 times with the final time having a CM come and let us out of the vehicle and walk us off the attraction. Once the full moon passed, we had no other ride stoppage occur. :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

Disney2002

Riding tower of terror --

I was at MGM with my family and we rode ToT for the first time. After the ride, we check out our photo, and sitting right behind me is a kid from my High School. We're talking 2000 miles from home, and I see this kid... but only in our ToT photo.

Then, at Typhoon Lagoon, waiting for the park to open, my mother bumps into her cousin whom she hasn't seen in about a decade... and who lives only about 1hr away. Again, we needed to go 2000 miles for this to happen.

Then... while waiting for Test Track during my last trip, I turn around, and not only are 5 people from my college class behind me... no... it's 5 people from my FLOOR. Somehow, 20% of our floor managed to be waiting for the same attraction 2000 miles away from home. Very odd

raven

On my trip in 2000, I was walking through the gates at MGM when something hit me on the back of the head. I turned around and saw this kid laughing at me and I was like "You little punk! What did you just thow?" He pointed to the roof over the gates that I just went under and there were frogs jumping off of it! A frog hit me on the head! :(

Don't ask why there were there. I couldn't figure it out either. :confused:

yensidtlaw1969

Once when I was in WDW I was walking around in Tomorrowland and I saw someone on my school bus waiting in line for Buzz Lightyears Ranger spin. I know it was him because he waved to me.:hammer:

Wckd Queen

My fathers "thing" at WDW is that he HAS to have a meal at Brown Derby. I have no idea why, but he will annoy the living daylights out of me till that PS is made.

Anyway, last trip out, we were sitting in one of the booths. There were two couples sitting at the table across from us, and one of the men kept staring and whispering to his wife. I pointed this out to my father, who looked and said "He looks familiar, but I dont know..."

Finally the guys wife turns, looks, looks again, stands up and says "FRANK?"

They were people my father had gone to GRADE SCHOOL with!! :lol:

Then, we kept running into them for the rest of the day! :lol:

raven

Lisa, tell you father the Twilight Zone is a few hundred feet down the street. Maybe thats where they should have met. :D

syddisney

About a year ago me and my fam saw a show about people and tatoos. There was one man who was cover in Disney characters. It said he had been to all the Disney parks many times. Well this past fall we we were at Animal Kingdom, my mom called me over and pointed out this "Tatoo Guy". We saw him a couple of times through out the day. Then later that day, we walk right on to Dinosaur, and the family in front of us was the"Tatoo Guy". he sat in the same car as us. we made sure we bought the on-ride photo. A day or two later we saw him in Epcot. great time!

aimster

It wasn't at WDW, but during a visit to Disneyland back in 1985 or 86, we saw Snow White play "Simon Says" with the Dwarfs.... and Dopey won!

figmentfan

I have been to Disney too many times!!!!

I have alot of strange instances that has happen to me at Disney.

My family and I were going to the Very Merry Christmas Party in December 2003, from the Port Orleans Resort. We get on the bus, and we were the last stop for the bus. So we were on our way, so we thought. I am good at when it comes to direction, especially on Disney Property. So the bus takes a turn that I am not use to. Of course the bus is crowded and I am in the back of the bus. So the bus driver makes a u-turn and goes down a side street. I am seeing maintenace buildings, and then we turn down this dark road. After a while I thought to myself, "We should be at Magic Kingdom by now, it doesn't take this long to get there." Then I notice that the scenary has changed. I seeing power lines, the grass is not landscaped, and I saw a building that said Orange County Fire Station. "We are not on Disney Property," I shouted. The bus driver took a wrong turn. So the bus driver finally finds his way to the crossroads area East of Disney and then turns into Disney Property by the Marketplace. All said and done, it took a 10 minute trip to Magic Kingdom from Port Orleans, took an HOUR! I thought I was getting kidnapped! We were late for the beginning of the party. The bus driver did not apologize! Not at Disney!?!?:lookaroun

figmentfan

Here is another one.........

My mom wanted to get a Pineapple Float from the Ahola Isles stand in Adventureland (Best dessert around!) Anyway, there is a long line, and there is only one person. It is time for my mom to order her float, and the man working the counter had to leave, he wasn't feeling well. So my mom waited, and waited, and waited, and the man never came back. Finally after a while, a CM comes up to the counter and starts to close the stand down. My mom and the others stopped the CM and ask about serving us in the line. The CM didn't answer and continue to close up the shop. No apology again from Disney with no explanation. My mom wanted to complain, but she did not know who to talk to. Whats going on Disney!?!?!:lookaroun

figmentfan

You want another...............

I went to the Surprise Morning (Extra Magic Hour) for MGM in the morning. This is before RocknRoller Coaster. I went on Tower of Terror, and there was about 8 people on my elevator with me. So we are on the ride, and then at the point where the elevator is moving forward......the ride stops. Then the lights come on. Cool! The Drop Shaft for the Tower of Terror was right in front of us. So we are waiting in the elevator. Then the doors of the Drop Shaft open.....there is no elevator in the drop shaft!!!!!!!!!! It was a empty shaft!!!!!!!! Finally, the drop shaft elevator came shooting upwards, and stopped in front of us. Then our elevator moved forward into the drop shaft elevator. We went down the drop shaft like an ordinary elevator with the lights on, but we could hear the sounds effects. All is said and done, we rode it again, and it was alright! Weird. I felt as if I was in the Twilight Zone.............wait, I was................ :lookaroun

drew81

One time back at Ariels Grotto, I was getting a picture and autograph. Ariel was talking and said "I'm sure Prince Phillip would be happy to hear you were here" She caught herself and said Prince Eric. I looked at Ariel and I tried not to laugh. Bless her heart. I think Ursula had been using her black magic that day to try and trick Ariel.

1disneydood

Originally posted by drew smith
One time back at Ariels Grotto, I was getting a picture and autograph. Ariel was talking and said "I'm sure Prince Phillip would be happy to hear you were here" She caught herself and said Prince Eric. I looked at Ariel and I tried not to laugh. Bless her heart. I think Ursula had been using her black magic that day to try and trick Ariel.

At least she didn't accidently call him Prince Albert. :lol: :lookaroun

Bimmy56

Wow figmentfan - that's funny, I also had the shutters closed on me while in line for a dolewhip one day near closing. At least that made more sense than your experience!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom