Weirdest thing to happen to you in the parks.

Janir

A number of years ago on our Disnry Cruise we had a young couple on that were just married, had the bride and groom ears and all. they got special attention and all. Well 6 months later we were at MK and standing in line in front of us was the same couple still with the bride and groom ears and buttons on just married. Well then about two years later we ran into them again and guess what, yes they had just got married buttons and the bride and groom ears on, they were getting to the front of the line with it.
And that folks is how you get free desserts and fastpasses at Disney. Always be celebrating something. Of course pretending you're getting married over and over is taking to dishonest extremes.

Last edited:

Mickeyboof

I attended the Garden Grill Character Breakfast in Feb and had the weirdest -absolutely weirdest- experience at a Disney Park.

Moments after our table was sat, we looked up, and a slow moving, very still standing Mickey Mouse had silently stepped up to the table. The character did not really move, just starred at us.

We cautiously asked for a photo, but there was still no animation in his movements. He just stood there, his head sort of leaning to one side.

A wild case of uncanny valley- smiling, jubilant Mickey Mouse but nothing in his movements matched his face. It was so unsettling.

We stood, posed, took a pic, sat down, and that was it. After we sat, without a goodbye, the character just turned his back on us to walk away. I noticed the character leaned on the glass edge (that looks over the Living with the Land ride), as if holding themselves up, and walked off leaning their body on this railing. Mickey's arm was fully extended over the railing, so it didn't seem like they were "collapsed," but bored or really tired.

So... was this boredom? Were they feeling ill?

I can't express how odd and off-putting this encounter was. To have a personal experience occur with THE MICKEY MOUSE trashed by such a creepy demeanor is something I had never experienced before, and hope no one else does too! It put a bad taste in my mouth. It didn't help that the next Mickey on rotation was as usual- happy and animated (we all said at the same time "oh yep, its a different actor now!"). It completely shattered the "magic" of these characters.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Slight bump, but I should probably tell this one: In 2016, at AK, we noticed our Photopass Photographer was from the city next to us!

BoarderPhreak

I had lunch one afternoon with Neil Patrick Harris, his partner and their kids at the 50's Prime Time Café in 2012. Well okay, not really. They were at the next table over from us, probably there for the festivities at Epcot as it was late November.

HoldenC

When I was a CM at Epcot I had a couple hit on me while I was working. They invited me back to the Boardwalk after work for....well. After I declined they then offered me money if I took off my costume shirt, the famous flag tees.

Heppenheimer

One of the waiters at Whispering Canyon somehow remembered me 3 years later. I'm about the most average-looking and average -acting person in the US, but somehow this guy remembered that I was typing on my laptop computer while I ate during a previous visit. He even remembered the month. I can't say I retained any particular impressions of our first encounter.

mf1972

When I was a CM at Epcot I had a couple hit on me while I was working. They invited me back to the Boardwalk after work for....well. After I declined they then offered me money if I took off my costume shirt, the famous flag tees.
this reminds me of something i witnessed at the France pavilion about 7-8 years ago. a woman was buying some slushees & was flirting with the CM who was serving her. she asked him “how will i ever carry these to my table?”
the CM did his best to make pretend he didn’t hear it, & she eventually went her own way. i was up next & ordered 2 drinks & i told him “i can manage these on my own...thanks.”
it got a laugh from the couple behind me, but i think i confused the CM even more 😂

Disorbust

Not Disney but we were at Bourchart(Sp) Gardens in Victoria BC with my platinum blonde, green eyes 5 yr old. All these Asian tourists, mostly women, came up to her and made a big fuss. Took her picture, started petting her hair. I give her credit just just stood there and took it but had her eyes locked on me, with the look.

After we told her they were probably impressed with her hair coloring and she thought she was a Queen after that. Teased her sisters many time that no one ever fussed over them,lol!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Once a CM followed me, my friend, and my sister around a gift shop talking like Stitch. Cute for about 10 seconds and then it was super creepy because he wouldn't stop so we walked out.

On that same trip another weird thing happened but it had nothing to do with Disney.
All the sudden my sister saw she missed a phone call from her phone line in OUR HOUSE!
My friend's mom was checking up on our cat daily but even if she had called us from our house it would not have been on my sister's line. It would have been on the regular house phone.
We were totally freaking out.
We called my friend's mom and she hadn't gone over that day as of yet.
We called my sister's friend and asked if she could drive by since she lived close.
Nothing seemed out of the ordinary to her.
After about 30 minutes and wasting park time when we had planned to see a show my other sister's friend who came on the trip with us but was hanging out with my other sister and her husband/kids called the sister I was with and was like did you get a weird call a little while ago? She said YES. and then he started laughing and said he spoofed his number to look like her house phone was calling her.
Oh yeah it was oh so funny. NOT. Had he called within a minute or 2 of doing it it wouldn't have been too bad but he waited so long and we were really worried and missed out on an attraction.

unmitigated disaster

They...aren’t actually evil? I live in FL and even yesterday a 2 ft long black racer crossed right in front of my dog and I- now yeah I was startled and kept my dog back, but I had zero desire to kill it. They eat all kinds of pests that can actually carry disease and get in houses and cause damage.

I’m not snake fan #1 either, at the same time I do respect their place in the ecosystem. Now, if that snake wasn’t solid black (usually are here) then I’d have ran like hell before even bothering to see what color it is.
I work night audit at a hotel. One night I saw a bunch of people who had been sitting on our patio fleeing inside. One came up to tell me there was a snake on the patio. I went out to see in case it was a rattlesnake (not uncommon). Nope, just a baby California King Snake. I just picked it up and moved it to where it was trying to go. The one member of the group who'd followed me out just about fainted. Yeah, California King Snakes are harmless and mostly good-natured.Not a big deal.

In 2017 we went to WDW and because Pirates was down and we'd just been on Jungle Cruise- this was right after opening - we hit Tiki Birds. They let us in, assuring us the show hadn't started. Yeah, there was no one in there. So the audience was just us and the cast member.

Michaelson

One odd occurrence that happened to us this past February had to do with the photo app.

My daughter received photos from Splash Mountain that were of another family, not ours. She shrugged it off and just contacted the WDW contact concerning photos to get it straightened out, and we moved on.

Later that week we were standing in line at the Na'vi River Journey in a HUGE crowd, and lo and behold that very same family was standing IN FRONT OF US!!! We showed them their photos, and they were shocked at the odds of us crossing paths again, and in completely different parks!

Regards! Michaelson

Sonconato

Sometimes, the CMs let guests re-ride the PeopleMover. Seeing this, a group of people (I think maybe middle-aged couples) began whispering to each other and getting excited. They went over to my husband and asked him if I were a Hollywood actress. I am not quite sure why they thought that, but the thought of it makes us laugh often.

Another time, my family and I were on Kilimanjaro Safaris around dusk and my son noticed something hopping on all the crocodiles' heads like Waldo from MuppetVision 3D. It turned out it was a rat. Then one of the crocodiles opened its mouth, and SNAP! No more rat.

Last edited:

Janir

This happened at Epcot in the Men's room a few years back. I had broke my neck the year before. The result is a 4 inch scar that starts just below my hairline and extends down my spine. When I tan it tends to stand out. I was standing at the urinal taking care of business, when a guy came up behind me, traced the scar with his finger, and stated "Wow, that must have hurt". I was very surprised and before I could really react he just walked out of the bathroom. I got my revenge a few months later at Disney Springs, again in the restroom (not the same guy). I was using the facilities again and from behind me a voice says "how did you get that huge scar?" I finished and as I was washing my hands I informed him I had broken my neck. He then asks me how. I said do you know that really tall slide at Blizzard Beach? He nodded his head and his eyes got as big as saucers. I've never been on that, I informed him and walked out the door. :) Why do people stalk me in the bathroom????
General men's safty tip, don't use public urinals if you can avoid it and go to a stall.

WDW Pro

Watching as decades-old thermal covers were finally used to prevent plants from being killed by night-time freezing temperatures... and nobody really knowing if they would actually work lol.

polynesiangirl

In MK, post-fireworks, my husband and I saw a couple lift their (3-ish-year-old) child over a gate into the grass to pee on it. It was very much a "...did I just see that?" moment.

ninjaprincesst

They...aren’t actually evil? I live in FL and even yesterday a 2 ft long black racer crossed right in front of my dog and I- now yeah I was startled and kept my dog back, but I had zero desire to kill it. They eat all kinds of pests that can actually carry disease and get in houses and cause damage.

I’m not snake fan #1 either, at the same time I do respect their place in the ecosystem. Now, if that snake wasn’t solid black (usually are here) then I’d have ran like hell before even bothering to see what color it is.
Yeah they are evil, a snake is what made Eve eat the apple that started a whole lot of evil and bad things for man, so yes snakes are evil.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom