Weight

Yenfid

Original Poster
I'm planning to go to Disneyland for the first time next year and I was looking at a book about DL and it tell you stuff about the rides like how tall you need to be and not to ride if bab back and other stuff, but it does not state if there is a weight restriction.

I'm a large person, but losing weight. I'm around 250 now but I was wondering if rides have a weight restriction in DCA? Jumping Jelly Fish, Soaring, and The Bumble Bee ride in the orange.

I hope to lose much more weight before I go but I just wanted to know if there was stuff I couldn't do because of my weight. :veryconfu
Thanks

jodilt

I have never heard of any restrictions based on weight. I go with my aunt on occasion and she probably weighs more than you and she hasn't had any problems. I would guess as long as you can safely fit in the seat with whatever restraint they might have (bar, seatbelt, etc) you should be able to ride.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
There supposedly is a weight restriction of 200 pounds for the Orange Stinger, but I believe that if you can get into the seat fine, then there shouldn't be a problem. Same goes for Jumpin' Jellyfish. You should also have no problem getting on Soarin'. My dad is also in the general area of 250 and he had no problems at all. :)

stranger

The weight restriction for the Orange Stinger is 250 lbs, but like NemoRocks78 said, it's a safety cushin and they worry more if the seat belts lock.

As for Soarin', my uncle is around the 250 lbs area and is 6'4 and has never had a problem riding Soarin'.

:wave:

LadyDarling

No worries! At my heaviest, I was 255lbs (on my feminine 5'7" frame). Though I was uncomfortable riding in the Matterhorn with another person, and the saftey bars and belts were definately uncomfortable at times, I was able to ride all the rides you mentioned without issue, except for the Orange Stinger (my sister-in-law was in her early teens when she saw a friend go flying off of one at a county fair when the chains broke - granted, Disney's are permanent and safer, I just can't get the visual out of my head - yes, her friend perished), but that is my own personal preference.

I'd love to encourage you on your weight loss too! Now that I'm down to 175 (25lbs away from my goal weight), everything is SO much easier and more comfortable! I go to Disneyland and often comment "hey, when did they make these seats bigger??" :)
~Jay

Yenfid

Original Poster
LadyDarling, thanks for the encourining words of weight lost. I know I'm losing but I feel like I'm not. I've gain all the weight I lost and I'm still exercising. Thanks, for the input on the rides at Disneyland. I know of the same thing about a ride like Orange Stinger, so I'm not sure if I'll ride it either.

LadyDarling

No problemo! I'm still losing too, but it's considerably slowed down (though I did lose 1 lb this week! Yes! So I'm down to 174, but still have to lose 2lbs a week for the next 12 weeks to be at my goal, then I have to KEEP IT OFF!).

E-mail me privately if you like! Could always use a support buddy! :) Ashtashdw@aol.com

Trust me - it was SO much better fitting into rides and walking around on feet that WEREN'T killing me the last couple times I went to Disneyland or Disneyworld! As Aladdin might say, "A whole new world" has opened up! :)

~Jay

Maliboomer4617

Congrats!

First, let me say congrats on the weight loss! I also am in need of losing a few pounds. I just wanna say that a friend of mine had a little bit of a problem riding the Rocket Rods in Tomorrowland (way back when) but had no other problems! Like everyone said, there isnt much of a problem with weight, just as long as the belts and lap bars fit and lock into place! Have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom