weight restrictions?

tickerbelle

I am planning a trip to the world in November. We have some in our group who are on the heavy side and are worried that they will not be able to enjoy Disney to the fullest because of possible weight/waist size (i.e. will my husbands butt fit on space mountain). I was hoping someone could give me an idea so that I can either sooth some of these worries or make a "plus size" alternative itinarary. Any help would be so greaty appreciated.

jrobinson424

Listen, I am 6'4" and weigh about 345 lbs. I have never had any trouble getting onto any ride at WDW. Not even Space Moutain. Now, I'm sure it all depends on your body. I am very large but the term "BIG BONED" applies to me. I am just "BIG" all over. I wear a size 15 in a shoe, 42 in the waist and 2x in shirts. Like I said earlier, it all depends on your body. Hope this helps you.

Upvote 0

napnet

I'm 6'2" and 275 and the only rides i dont fit well into is Space Mountain and RnR. Both are tight on my back side and my legs... i have long legs so its hard to fit into those tight spaces. RnR is scary/fun to me because the restraint only comes like half way down so i get alot of movement. :)

Upvote 0

luvGoofy

On our last visit a friend with us was 5'5 and weighed 250 and she was able to get on all the rides and do everything everyone else did so I wouldn't worry about it. Disney seems to have designed the rides so that almost everyone can ride and have a good time.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

There should be no problem with any of the rides...by the way, most theme parks call larger folks "grand riders" and all of the rides at WDW are rated as passable for grand riders.

Upvote 0

napnet

Yeah i had no problem, it was just less than comfortable. Its always fun to ride with my wife cause she is small so rides that share a bar is scary for her. Thunder Mountain is a good example

Upvote 0

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
As a former fat man 48X Waist 6"2 at 340lbs I was able to fit into everything. MS, SM, BTM, SPLMTN, RNR. Disney is great about fitting hefty people into their rides, unlike Universal or Six Flags.

Unfortunately or fortunately [depending on how you look at it] for me my 48" waist landed me a night in the cardiac wing of the hospital so now I am down to a 32 and about 200 lbs lighter.

Upvote 0

DivaJ69

Size Issues

I'm a super-sized BBW (5'4"-520 lbs.) and am planning my final trip to WDW for Easter before I have gastric bypass. To answer your question, I have been going to WDW for several years at my present size and the only rides I have a problem with (meaning I cannot ride them) are the lap belts on TEST TRACK, MISSION: SPACE (obviously), and STAR TOURS. The seats on DINOSAUR are snug but everything else has been fine. I have not ridden ROCK-N-ROLLER COASTER but I'm told that the front car could accomodate me without issue. EXPEDITION EVEREST looks to have the same kind of seat as MUMMY at Universal (with a personal lap bar that your thighs must squeeze through in order for it to lock) so I wouldn't even attempt that. In most instances when a seat belt is involved, an extender is available. Not being able to experience these few attractions has not stopped me from having the time of my life each time I visit WDW. There is sooooo much that I can ride and do and see that it doesn't bother me. Hope this helps!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

MSTINKHERBELL01

Good luck with the procedure....life changing i'm sure. You are beautiful now and will be beautiful after. God Bless....:wave:

DivaJ69 said:
I'm a super-sized BBW (5'4"-520 lbs.) and am planning my final trip to WDW for Easter before I have gastric bypass. To answer your question, I have been going to WDW for several years at my present size and the only rides I have a problem with (meaning I cannot ride them) are the lap belts on TEST TRACK, MISSION: SPACE (obviously), and STAR TOURS. The seats on DINOSAUR are snug but everything else has been fine. I have not ridden ROCK-N-ROLLER COASTER but I'm told that the front car could accomodate me without issue. EXPEDITION EVEREST looks to have the same kind of seat as MUMMY at Universal (with a personal lap bar that your thighs must squeeze through in order for it to lock) so I wouldn't even attempt that. In most instances when a seat belt is involved, an extender is available. Not being able to experience these few attractions has not stopped me from having the time of my life each time I visit WDW. There is sooooo much that I can ride and do and see that it doesn't bother me. Hope this helps!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

tickerbelle

Original Poster
Thank you all so much for the information and advice. I am so excited to go and share the Disney experience with my husband for the first time. I want to make sure it is as magical, in every way, for him as possible. Thank you again.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

DivaJ69 said:
I'm a super-sized BBW (5'4"-520 lbs.) and am planning my final trip to WDW for Easter before I have gastric bypass.

Good luck, Diva - hope everything goes well for you! :wave:

tickerbelle - I have seen many guests of all sizes and shapes fit comfortably in most ride vehicles. If you're experiencing a ride like Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan or Snow White's Scary Adventures, where the number of guests per seat is flexible, most Cast Members will simply seat the larger guests alone so that they will be more comfortable (and not make a big deal about it, either). Hope this helps! :wave:

Upvote 0

Raven66

DivaJ69 said:

Good luck and I know everything will turn out. Please come back and let us know how you are doing! :kiss: :wave:

Upvote 0

robynchic

Diva,
Any way we could get before and after pics in WDW? I think it would be so cool to see a pic of you (maybe by Kodak photographers) in the same exact spot, pre- and post-surgery.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

DivaJ69 said:

Congrats on your upcoming lifestyle change. Let us know what the final result is!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom