Weekly points rate question!

hansel1

Original Poster
Ok, so my wife and I are looking at buying into dvc. We have the hard bound book from disney showing the points required for each location and room type.

My question is that on the point breakdown they show:

Daily 12 points
Fri & Sat 26 points
Weekly 200 points

(I can't recall the exact point breakdown but close enough for value season at beachclub villas)

We are trying to figure the amount of points we will need to make a 10 night stay every year.

Does the weekly rate include 1 friday and 1 saturday? DON'T LAUGH! I know that a week includes at least one friday and saturday.

If I stay from sunday through tuesday night would I take the 200 points and add 3 daily (12 points each) for a total of 236? Or would it be the 200 plus the 2 weekend (26 points each) for a total of 252 since the week included a friday and saturday night stay?

I guess I ask this question because I'm not sure if by weekly they mean a 5 night or 7 night stay.

slappy magoo

Weekly means 7 nights.

I'm not sure which weekly breakdown you're showing in your example. In all the ones I've ever seen the weekly point value exactly equals 5 nights at the Sun-Thur rate, and 2 nights at the Fri-Sat rate. For instance, the point breakdown for a studio at Beach Club during Adventure (aka Value) Season is...

Sun-Thur 12
Fri-Sat 22
Weekly 104

Now 12 x 5 is 60 and 22 x 2 is 44. 60 + 44 = 104. See what I mean?

The one bedroom at the same time IS 200 points. 45 for Fri & Saturday and 22 for Sun through Thur.
45 x 2 = 90
22 x 5 = 110

90 + 110 = 200.

Check out all the point values online

http://www.dvcbyresale.com/beachclub.html

So to answer your question, knowing the bare-bones point minimum you will need depends on you making a decision on not only the amount of nights you want to stay on-site, but WHICH nights. Let's say you're always going to shoot for staying in a on-bedroom Beach Club Villa during the Value (adventure) Season. Arriving on a Sun and leaving 10 nights later a Tuesday (266 points), for example, will require fewer points than arriving on a Thursday and leaving after 10 nights on a Sunday (312 points). Not to mention, always going the same time of year.

If it helps, you have the option of switching rooms during your stay. You could begin your vacation, when you're spending more time in the parks going nuts, in a studio. And then, when you need to wind down a bit and plan on spending more time at the resort, lounging poolside, taking a whirlpool bath, doing laundry, upgrade to a one-bedroom.

I know I've probably asked more questions than answered, but I hope it helps.

hansel1

Original Poster
Thank you Slappy!

I was just pulling those numbers out of thin air as an example. I guess i had a brain fart and didn't try adding the numbers to see if it came to a weekly rate.

We have always gone the first week or so of january, so we would use the adventure season.

Thank you for your help.

Hans

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom