weekend getaway?

matt9112

so we have been on many WDW vacations before however now we live here and have APs and visit often and thus rarely stay in Orlando let alone ever on site since we moved. (flamingo crossing is as close as we get)

so here is the idea....two night stay on the monorail line. since i was a kid i always wanted to stay at the contemporary but we have never been that fortunate. since this will likely be a once in a lifetime thing i am pondering splurging for park views. so im looking for some rough advice and or tips to potentially save money ect.

thanks in advance.

can you buy DVC points and specify room? as i know the points are much cheaper furthermore is there any perk and or program AP holders have access too when it comes to staying on site?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You cannot stay in the Contemporary on DVC points, only Bay Lake Tower. Whether you use points or pay cash for a room, reserving a specific room is not possible although you will receive the view (theme park or lake) you pay for.

There are AP room discounts available during different times of the year as well as Florida resident discounts. If you have an AP, you can find out the details on the Passholder website.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

If you mean staying at BLT, you can rent a view, but no better at getting a specific room request there than anywhere else. So you can try to request it, but don't count on it.

Also just as an FYI if you are thinking of studios, they are very small compared to the main resort. Also the theme park will go quicker especially in a studio so you should plan the trip quite a few months in advance.

You can try to rent a DVC room through Disney's CRO and sometimes there are discounts available. As said AP holders can get discounts.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Check the FL Res rates, but also make sure that your dates allow 2 nights.

Last year I tried to book for 2 nights but it was a 3 night minimum... that was in March for a November trip. Apparently they change "minimum stay requirements" at any time based on availability.

Upvote 0

matt9112

Original Poster
Check the FL Res rates, but also make sure that your dates allow 2 nights.

Last year I tried to book for 2 nights but it was a 3 night minimum... that was in March for a November trip. Apparently they change "minimum stay requirements" at any time based on availability.

Thanks I see the grand Floridian has some re nice AP deals....might swing that way.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom