Weekdays vs. Weekends

DisneyFan 2000

Original Poster
Hi everyone :)

Me and my better half are planning a Paris trip towards the end of March, and I can't possibly pass by an opportunity to enjoy a Disney park. Having said that, we only have a day for both parks. I'm not too stressed out about seeing everything, since we just got back from WDW. The only thing I was wondering is whether to go during the week or take advantage of the extra weekend hours. On the one hand, extra hours, great! On the other, how busy does it get during a weekend during this time of year? It might be important to note that we'll be staying off-site, however plan to hit the parks from the early AM all the way till close.

Also, if anyone here has any recommendations for unique things for a couple to do at the resort, I'd love to hear 'em.

Thanks in advance :)

grim-grinning_toast

Hi! My husband and I only had a few *hours* at DLP and we rode everything we wanted to. We visited on a Wednesday and it was empty. Literally desolate. Every photo we took has no one in it. I recommend hitting Walt Disney Studios first because, to be honest, it's pretty lackluster. End your day at the Disneyland park! And have so much fun! It's very different from Disney World and even Disneyland, so go in expecting Disney but a bit more...relaxed.

Travel Junkie

Defiantly recommend weekdays as crowds are much lighter. I also recommend not going on a Tuesday. Most Paris museums are closed on Tuesday's and so a lot of visitors use Tuesday as their Versailles or Disneyland day.

DisneyFan 2000

Original Poster
Thanks for the input everyone! I will definitely make sure to use up a weekday upon everyone's feedback.
Does anyone have any recommendations for unique experiences at the resort and / or parks?

voodoo321

Spend your time in Paris!. DLP is cool but can be done in one day and shouldn't take away from exploring one of the most interesting cities in the world. Go into the Studios park at rope drop and ride Crush, Ratatouille, Tower, and RnR. Then leave. Unless you like shows, then come back later. It is the worst Disney park on the planet. There are many Six Flags parks with better theming and atmosphere. The castle park is better themed and layed out than the American counterparts. Overall, to me, it is better than the Magic Kingdom, but falls behind Disneyland overall based on rides and charm. It has the best Pirates, but no Splash or Jungle Cruise. Indy is a low-budget outdoor mine train, Big Thunder is cool because of it's location on the island, I guess, but not as fun as Disneyland's. The fast parts occur in the dark. Phantom Manor is different than the HM's but lacks the whimsy. The Fantasyland is fantastic. Discoveryland is a mess. I plan on putting a trip thread together this weekend. I hope you can use some of the info to your advantage. The only thing I can think of as a special treat that can't be found at the American parks is dinner at Walt's or Chez Remy. Both very expensive.

Last edited:

floridagirl57

I'm planning a trip to Pairs in late February as well. We are planning just 1 day to explore Disneyland Paris, we settled on a weekday but after reading this thread I'll look into visiting on a Wednesday. As much as I want to ride Ratatouille I can't justify the extra cost of the park hopper ticket for 1 or maybe 3 rides at the Studios park.

JayJay2018

TBH at that time of year it could be ok on both but ideally the weekdays are quieter so that would be your best option. If you are doing a weekend then stay on site and use the extra Magic Hours

mikenatcity1

Defiantly recommend weekdays as crowds are much lighter. I also recommend not going on a Tuesday. Most Paris museums are closed on Tuesday's and so a lot of visitors use Tuesday as their Versailles or Disneyland day.

I am going to be there Saturday-Thursday. Do you have 2 days you would recommend going to DLP? We leave Thursday for Barcelona and are wanting to go to DLP for 2 days (27 May-31 May).

Daveeeeed

Disneyland Parc Paris is absolutely stunning and the standard for what romantic architecture is.
All 5 lands are excellent.

I feel that if you go on Wednesday or Thursday, and stay at the parks from rope drop to close you’ll be satisfied. Crowds greatly differ by just days. I’ve gone in May and it had walk-on waits for Space Mountain, but just a few days after we left the waits were enormous according to the app.

Head to WDS at rope drop. Riding Ratatouille is you’re #1 priority at the park. Crush’s Coaster is a good ride, but don’t bother if the wait is long, there’s so much to see and do at Disneyland Parc you don’t want to miss. The Tower of Terror is also epic but don't wait too long in line.
There’s a really good show at the park, but only check it out if there’s an early showtime. The only restaurants worth checking out at WDS is Bistro Chez Remy.

Head over to Disneyland Parc and soak up the sights. It’s gorgeous. Read up on the backstory of Phantom Manor before you go. Frontierland at Paris is the best in the world and features a rich backstory connecting PM and Big Thunder. It’s impressive, but it’s topped off by being not only beautiful but perfectly done.

Your top rides are:
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thunder Mountain
Phantom Manor
Fantasyland dark rides

The key here is understanding that rides are only one piece of the reason why Disney is great. The walkthroughs are awesome and somehow they made teacups beautiful (you’ll see what mean).

For 1-day, what I’d recommend is eating at Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village or at the Disneyland Hotel go to the bar and have Mickey Waffles with hot chocolate or coffee. A fun way to start Disneyland Parc after a WDS morning. Inventions is very, very good for either breakfast or dinner as well. In the park, for good quick-service food and atmosphere head to Toad Hall. The Lucky Nugget has an awesome atmosphere and good food too.
There are plenty of restaurants that offer impeccable theming, but just so-so food. Blue Lagoon (I think it's called Jack’s now?), Cafe Hyperion, Colonel Hathi’s, and others.

I recommend checking out Disney Tourist Blog and DLP Guide for some insight.
Make sure to watch Disney Dreams if it’s on that night.

At something point, check out the arcades on the sides of Main Street. The left one will take you all the way to Peter Pan’s flight fully covered. Of course, use Fastpasses, and soak up the sights.

If you have any questions feel free to private message me!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom