1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekdays vs. Weekends

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris' started by DisneyFan 2000, Dec 2, 2017.

1. DisneyFan 2000

DisneyFan 2000 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone :)

Me and my better half are planning a Paris trip towards the end of March, and I can't possibly pass by an opportunity to enjoy a Disney park. Having said that, we only have a day for both parks. I'm not too stressed out about seeing everything, since we just got back from WDW. The only thing I was wondering is whether to go during the week or take advantage of the extra weekend hours. On the one hand, extra hours, great! On the other, how busy does it get during a weekend during this time of year? It might be important to note that we'll be staying off-site, however plan to hit the parks from the early AM all the way till close.

Also, if anyone here has any recommendations for unique things for a couple to do at the resort, I'd love to hear 'em.

Thanks in advance :)

2. erider

erider Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    DLP is always much busier on weekends then weekdays, so I would recommend the weekdays.

3. grim-grinning_toast

grim-grinning_toast Well-Known Member

Hi! My husband and I only had a few *hours* at DLP and we rode everything we wanted to. We visited on a Wednesday and it was empty. Literally desolate. Every photo we took has no one in it. I recommend hitting Walt Disney Studios first because, to be honest, it's pretty lackluster. End your day at the Disneyland park! And have so much fun! It's very different from Disney World and even Disneyland, so go in expecting Disney but a bit more...relaxed.

4. Travel Junkie

Travel Junkie Well-Known Member

Defiantly recommend weekdays as crowds are much lighter. I also recommend not going on a Tuesday. Most Paris museums are closed on Tuesday's and so a lot of visitors use Tuesday as their Versailles or Disneyland day.

5. DisneyFan 2000

DisneyFan 2000 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Thanks for the input everyone! I will definitely make sure to use up a weekday upon everyone's feedback.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for unique experiences at the resort and / or parks?

6. voodoo321

voodoo321 Active Member

Spend your time in Paris!. DLP is cool but can be done in one day and shouldn't take away from exploring one of the most interesting cities in the world. Go into the Studios park at rope drop and ride Crush, Ratatouille, Tower, and RnR. Then leave. Unless you like shows, then come back later. It is the worst Disney park on the planet. There are many Six Flags parks with better theming and atmosphere. The castle park is better themed and layed out than the American counterparts. Overall, to me, it is better than the Magic Kingdom, but falls behind Disneyland overall based on rides and charm. It has the best Pirates, but no Splash or Jungle Cruise. Indy is a low-budget outdoor mine train, Big Thunder is cool because of it's location on the island, I guess, but not as fun as Disneyland's. The fast parts occur in the dark. Phantom Manor is different than the HM's but lacks the whimsy. The Fantasyland is fantastic. Discoveryland is a mess. I plan on putting a trip thread together this weekend. I hope you can use some of the info to your advantage. The only thing I can think of as a special treat that can't be found at the American parks is dinner at Walt's or Chez Remy. Both very expensive.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 4:07 PM
    floridagirl57 likes this.
  7. floridagirl57

floridagirl57 Member

I'm planning a trip to Pairs in late February as well. We are planning just 1 day to explore Disneyland Paris, we settled on a weekday but after reading this thread I'll look into visiting on a Wednesday. As much as I want to ride Ratatouille I can't justify the extra cost of the park hopper ticket for 1 or maybe 3 rides at the Studios park.