Week of March 13-19

chuckd

I have heard that this is a bad time to visit, but how bad is it? Is it worse than the hollidays or summer?

Any info would be great

Thanks

Nicole

The Unofficial Guide says the week between Christmas and New Years is the most crowded (but it also says Disney compensates for that by having lots going on), midsummer is next and spring is slightly less crowded.

Upvote 0

philsfan2185

chuckd- i went 2 the magic kingdom for the day last year during that week and the only line i waited in was for buzz. we walked right on SM,BTM, and SpM. we did all the major attractions by noon. it was great.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I have gone the week before the one you mentioned every year for the past 4 years. The lines are somewhat long, but nothing at all like the holidays. Then again, the first 2 weeks of march are the most popular spring break weeks and apparently some grade schools do spring break now (mine never did!). Anyways, the week you mentioned may not be as bad since it's after that major rush.

Sidenote, I've been to Disney at almost every time of the year at some point in my 23 years. The best time I ever spent there was in middle of May, before the grade schools get out. We literally walked on everything. Our longest way was maybe 10 minutes if that. I wish I had stuck to going at the time but unfortunately my fam's time share is in March and July.

Upvote 0

Anomalied

We're going March 6-12, and everyone I've asked has told me that the crowds are moderate. Can someone elaborate for me? Last time I visited was December of 2000, and the crowds were non-existent. I really don't know what to expect.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

That is Spring Break season--it's when my college is out for break but I think most K-12 schools still only get out for Easter Week, so I would imagine it will be somewhat crowded--30 to 40 minute waits for the Tower of Terror, for example.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom