Week after thanksgiving - is it crazy busy

NicTom1211

Original Poster
Hi, my fam and I are planning a reunion trip next november and we were thinking of going the weekend after thanksgiving (23rd or 24th) through the next weekend. Was wondering if anyone knew if it was slower since it was inbetween the holidays.
Thanks for your help!

kimberlymautz

If it's the weekend RIGHT after Thanksgiving it will most definitely be crazy. Everyone will still be there from Thanksgiving and extras will be there visiting with the long weekend.

http://www.undercovertourist.com/pl...endar_november-2012.html#disney-opening-hours

It's marked the darkest color for November, so it's going to be the busiest. The only darker color is Black, and that's over Christmas.

I would definitely avoid that weekend.

muteki

We have been down for the Monday after Thanksgiving ~ the following Saturday. Crowds were really low.

Just before that, yeah it's crazy. Just after that and crowds start to ramp up again. Pretty sure Pop Warner is around during that time too (usually the next week IIRC), sometimes the parade taping. It's a great time to go if you can hit that sweet spot inbetween.

Dasnowz

Just remember that Fantasyland is soft opening Nov 19. Be Our Guest is fully booked and going to be crazy insane starting then. Nov 19 is the start of black out dates this year based on expected crowds for this.

Goofnut1980

I have been on Thanksgiving day and it was amazing. There was no one in the parks.. We went to HS that day and just had a grand ol time!

diz4ever

We have been going Thanksgiving week for the last 4 yrs, the crowds are bearable all week. It is less crowded than any time we have been in the summer time,or christmas, new years, and the weather is awesome!

wiigirl

Just remember that Fantasyland is soft opening Nov 19. Be Our Guest is fully booked and going to be crazy insane starting then. Nov 19 is the start of black out dates this year based on expected crowds for this.

Very good point!
75.gif

MeandMickey

Just curious where you came up with the Nov. 19 start for blackout dates and what they are for. We have seasonal passes and these are the balckout dates on the passholder website:

* Blockout Dates for Seasonal Pass and Weekday Select Pass
  • Christmas/New Years: December 18, 2011 - January 2, 2012
  • Easter: March 31, 2012 - April 12, 2012
  • Summer: June 9, 2012 - August 16, 2012
  • Christmas/ New Years: December 20, 2012 - January 4, 2013
We have a trip planned for the week after Thanksgiving. Have the above dates changed? If so we need to reschedule our trip!

We always go the week or two after Thanksgiving and crowds are usually very low to low. We love the weather and the Christmas decorations. Pop Warner football starts Dec. 1 this year. That is not usually a problem in the parks though. The problems there are at the hotels (usually the All Stars).

Dasnowz

Sorry I did not clarify. there are different black out dates for different tickets and that is the start date for CM which is based in expected park attendance.
As I said this year is going to be different because of the FLE opening. From what I have heard MK is expected to be very busy for the remainder of the year.
Actual FLE opening is set for Dec 6. With the spacing of everything its supposed to be insanely busy.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Hi, my fam and I are planning a reunion trip next november and we were thinking of going the weekend after thanksgiving (23rd or 24th) through the next weekend. Was wondering if anyone knew if it was slower since it was inbetween the holidays.
Thanks for your help![/quoted

That weekend will be busy right after but the week your are there should be low crowds. We have gone the week after before and it was perfect as for crowds etc. It's a great time to go. Now If it would be Thanksgiving week it's crazy busy due to school being out. I will never go Christmas or Thanksgiving week because the prices are at their highest and so are the crowds. We always go In between both Holidays so its cheaper and alot less crowded. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom