Wedn't You Know It?

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
More stuff:

- Sometime next year, you can expect to see autograph books with pages divided into two sections. Each section will have a watermark of a character with the character's name in bold; this is where the character will autograph the book. There will also be several pages with "Rare Sighting" sections for those characters which are rather rare to see out and about. The "big news" is that handlers are going to be given stamps to put on your book to verify the signature, and then you can take your book to various stations to get a prize based on how many signatures you've gotten.

- Two notable appearances by actors over the past month to lend their voice talents for rides: Tia Carrere and Patrick Stewart.

- The E-Ticket ride I mentioned that could be as close as 4-5 years away in the World Showcase is looking very good (doesn't mean it will be implemented, but it certainly is cool). The idea is to simulate the feeling of being carried in flight. The one problem is that the ride parts are not manufactured by the Netherlands company we typically use on these types of rides. There's only one company who currently manufactures the ride parts and they've had one out of two of this type of ride be what we consider reliable - needless to say, we'll have to work on that one.

- The Magic of Disney Animation is going to be getting an overhaul. Back to the glory days we go!.. err... forward to the new glory days we go!

Just the little bit of sweet stuff I give you is sure to make the salt go down easier.

FigmentJedi

So you're saying Patrick Stewart is going to be the new narrator for Spaceship Earth? Sweet...
EDIT: As for Tia, I'm guessing she might be doing some tracks for the descent to Earth stuff and the Create a Future thing? Of course this is under the assumption she's actually participating in the Spaceship Earth redo. Would be interesting to see another voice from an animated feature do something on SSE.

Vernonpush

More fun topics to discuss!:sohappy:
- Two notable appearances by actors over the past month to lend their voice talents for rides: Tia Carrere and Patrick Stewart.
Are they for the same ride or two?

- The Magic of Disney Animation is going to be getting an overhaul. Back to the glory days we go!.. err... forward to the new glory days we go!
One of the best news/rumors I've heard!

Thanks.

WDWFigment

I'll assume you're referring to SSE for the voices.

Ride sounds interesting, although still a ways away.

So, when will someone be in the park to record new audio for Dreamfinder? :D

TheDisneyMagic

Thats a fantastic idea for the autograph books, I don't know why they didn't do it years ago. I think I will definately get one of these it makes it so much easier to remember just which characters we have, and the rewards scheme is a great idea.
:sohappy:

SDav10495

Patrick friggin Stewart! My dream SSE voice!

Ahem...not that anything is confirmed, of course. :rolleyes:

And I like the tidbit about The Magic of Disney Animation! It's been pretty depressing the last few years to walk around the cavernous space where actual animators used to be hard at work.

DisneyDellsDude

So you're saying Patrick Stewart is going to be the new narrator for Spaceship Earth? Sweet...

He could be referring to the Haunted Mansion.:lookaroun :lol:

Anyways, a new "flight" attraction. That's three now for Epcot!
Maybe they will treat them like the three mountains in the MK.

Thanks for the info; it's always interesting!

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thats a fantastic idea for the autograph books, I don't know why they didn't do it years ago. I think I will definately get one of these it makes it so much easier to remember just which characters we have, and the rewards scheme is a great idea.
:sohappy:

Glad you like the concept. One of the things also being discussed is dividing the characters into groups and having the pages be a certain color for those characters (i.e. all princesses go in the pink section). If we do that, we can easily give a reward also for finding all the characters in a certain section. If WDW does well with the books, we'll be extending them to all parks more than likely.

I also need to mention that standard autograph books will also still be for sale for people not wanting to participate in the already mentioned scheme. We'll be making the books so they're easily identified.

Shaman

SPACESHIP Earth...and Patrick Stewart? Imagine that....:lol:
Interesting stuff...so isn't it a bit odd that another attraction rumored for Epcot will simulate some kind of flight?

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
^^ We thought about having Patrick Stewart, Morgan Freeman, and James Earl Jones all say the script on the ride at the same time. However, the three most soothing voices in Hollywood plus air conditioning on a hot day could put guests in a state of euphoria that we're just not comfortable with.

Just kidding :)

And no, I'm not confirming Patrick Stewart for any specific ride. Just making a joke.

pinkrose

I'm excited about the autograph books! :sohappy: :lol: I think that's a cool idea and even as an adult, would have a blast getting it filled!

My DH will be excited about Patrick Stewart, being the Star Trek fan that he is.

mickeysaver

I have a couple of things to say.....

#1. Patrick Stewart doing the voice work for SSE, even as a rumor with a inside track of being fact, that is just joy to my ears and would be enough to make me move heaven and Earth to go to WDW again next year!

#2. I am hoping that the info about the Animation overhaul bringing it back to it's former glory means that the animators will be back in the building. One of my best Disney memories is of going on the tour when there were animators there. My saddest memories from Disney are of going there, knowing that all of those fine talented people were out of jobs and it just breaks my heart and moves me to tears to know that the magic died there. Bringing the magic back, now that is definately a step in the right direction!

Thank you so much for the updates! Maggie

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I did a job with Mr. Stuart a few years ago, and my Sound Sup. from then still keeps in touch with him.

A digging I will go :D

drew81

More stuff:

- Sometime next year, you can expect to see autograph books with pages divided into two sections. Each section will have a watermark of a character with the character's name in bold; this is where the character will autograph the book. There will also be several pages with "Rare Sighting" sections for those characters which are rather rare to see out and about. The "big news" is that handlers are going to be given stamps to put on your book to verify the signature, and then you can take your book to various stations to get a prize based on how many signatures you've gotten.

napnet

Interesting about all of it... My wife and I have talked about doing the autograph books just for the fun of it and if they make it a game, it might be really interesting. Hope it happens soon :) Thanks for the info and I hope its all true.

GenerationX

The idea is to simulate the feeling of being carried in flight.
Cool! There were some rumors before Mission: Space went live that it would simulate weightlessness. I was disappointed when I discovered the majority of the ride was major positive Gs. I'm a negative Gs junkie (Tower of Terror is my favorite ride). Would this new ride be more up my alley?

drew81

Any idea what the prizes will be? If you go to a special event you could get lots of rare characters to sign.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom