Wedding song

RachelP6877

Original Poster
our wedding song is "You'll be in my Heart" from Tarzan I need help, I would like a Disney Song (a short one) for me to dance with my Father, my "Husband" will be dancing with his Mom at the same time, any ideas?

wdwfan22

I would suggest purchasing Disney's Fairytale Wedding cd. It contains 14 Disney songs all instrumental and beautifully done. The Cd can be purchased from Amazon.com. My choice for the dance would be Love is a Song.

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
Our wedding song was "when you wish upon a star", the Olivia Newton John version. It's easy to dance to and isn't too long.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
"Planetary Boogie" by Sonny Eclipse.:D

I have always liked "Remember When" from the Happiest Celebration on Earth CD. "Promise" from the Illuminations sound track would be good but it is a little long at 4 and a half minutes."We go on" off of the same soundtrack could work but the end might be a bit powerful.

cococola44

That's How You Know
Ever Ever After
I can go the distance- robert bogart (he is in young frankenstein btw and he is AMAZING)
I'll try- return to neverland
can you feel the love tonight
so this is love
a dream is a wish your heart makes
a whole new world
best of friends -fox and the hound
love will find the way- lion king two

and that is for a start

RedGear

I like the baby mine from dumbo idea, that would be good for both ways for you and your dad and your hubby and his mom.

raven

"Promise" (actually better for a Bride & Groom dance though)

Sample lyrics include:

"Promise you will take my hand
As tomorrow comes, we'll go on...

We'll go on growing closer through the years
Moving on through the good times and the tears
Ever on another thousand circles around the sun
If two can be as one, we'll go on...

Promise we'll walk side by side
As a new day dawns we'll go on...

A new life has begun
The two of us as one
We'll go on."

raven

yea but i think of illuminations for that...

and the song is a little faster paced then a wedding traditional song

The song isn't in Illuminations. It's played after Illuminations when guests are leaving. It's not the "We Go On" song with the torch that most people think of.

cococola44

i know exactly what song you are talking about

but regardless...it isn't our wedding. if she likes the idea then she will use it.

i love that song btw...i cry whenever i hear it while leaving epcot....:cry:

RachelP6877

Original Poster
these are good but Baby mine seems a little to "baby" ish and the others seem more like bride groom not for parents and children

pacochran

Baby Mine is a good one. Another nice song is "Can you Feel the Love" from the Lion King, there is a version that Elton John sings that is nice.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I've always thought anything other than "Sunrise, Sunset" from Fiddler on the Roof doesn't measure up for the father-daughter/mother-son dance at a wedding. Of course, I'm Jewish, so it was virtually required to have that song.

Thinking of Disney songs with parental themes, there's Proud of Your Boy, which was originally written for Aladdin, eventually dropped, and then recorded by Clay Aiken. Of course it only works for the mother-son part of the dance.

Others have pointed out Baby Mine -- not bad, but kind of sad for a wedding.

Maybe Circle of Life? Since the parents are celebrating the kids entering the next phase of their lives?

Can't remember all the lyrics of A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes, but that might work. In a simialar vein, maybe When You Wish Upon a Star.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom