Wedding ring missing from Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Villa

lewisc

The OP checked out. Hours later a report was made. The item was lost not stolen. Disney is attempting to locate a lost item. Interrogating CMs is not part of the process, nor should it be.

I'M NOT saying this happened here...the rings rings could be in luggage or reported lost as an insurance scam. The rings could have been swept up with the towels or wound up with the trash.

It's possible a CM pocketed the abandoned property but I'm not sure that's even the most likely explanation.

It's also possible a CM thought the ring was inexpensive costume jewelry and either threw it out or kept it.

Mizner92

The OP checked out. Hours later a report was made. The item was lost not stolen. Disney is attempting to locate a lost item. Interrogating CMs is not part of the process, nor should it be.

I'M NOT saying this happened here...the rings rings could be in luggage or reported lost as an insurance scam. The rings could have been swept up with the towels or wound up with the trash.

It's possible a CM pocketed the abandoned property but I'm not sure that's even the most likely explanation.

It's also possible a CM thought the ring was inexpensive costume jewelry and either threw it out or kept it.
Or accidentally fell into the drain. Mistakenly placed into a drawer where the next guest found it. 100 different scenarios, most of which don’t assume the cast members are always thieves.

Lilofan

Maybe Disney splits the profit of fenced items ---(sarcasm)
In the mid 1990s we were at the luxurious Grand Cypress Resort Villas and Golf Club about 5 min from which is now Disney Springs. A prince from the Middle East and his big group including his security team stayed in the Villas for an Orlando vacation. The Prince lost his $25K Patek Phillipe watch somewhere on the grounds. He offered a $1K reward. A number of staff including guests like us were looking on property for the watch. I'd bet that whoever found the watch could pawn it off for more than $1K.

Lilofan

That makes no sense. Case in point if a guest left a wad of bills like $2K on the dresser and checked out then made a police and Disney report, then Disney mgt won't question staff who entered the room?

Club Cooloholic

That makes no sense. Case in point if a guest left a wad of bills like $2K on the dresser and checked out then made a police and Disney report, then Disney mgt won't question staff who entered the room?
Question how? Disney will ask if they saw it , and that would be about it. The item was left in the room, possibly and it sucks but it isn't exactly theft at this moment, it's unreturned found property, so it's going to be handled differently from if the guest was in the room still and suspected and item was stolen.
I worked on a hotel once when very young, and a pair of grifters came through, and made it a point to talk with me and get to know me a bit. The next morning the manager called me in to say the couple were accusing me of stealing money and items from them overnight, as I had been the night houseman(get towels, do minor repairs for TVs ect) . He believed me that I hadn't done it(I was still a kid not even 18), but said I might have to talk to police, which was fine with me. The couple jetted the minute cops were being involved because it was scam (many hotels will just give a free room and hotel credits etc just to keep customer happy and not having police on their grounds). But they knew these guys were scammers.

Lilofan

Question how? Disney will ask if they saw it , and that would be about it. The item was left in the room, possibly and it sucks but it isn't exactly theft at this moment, it's unreturned found property, so it's going to be handled differently from if the guest was in the room still and suspected and item was stolen.
I worked on a hotel once when very young, and a pair of grifters came through, and made it a point to talk with me and get to know me a bit. The next morning the manager called me in to say the couple were accusing me of stealing money and items from them overnight, as I had been the night houseman(get towels, do minor repairs for TVs ect) . He believed me that I hadn't done it(I was still a kid not even 18), but said I might have to talk to police, which was fine with me. The couple jetted the minute cops were being involved because it was scam (many hotels will just give a free room and hotel credits etc just to keep customer happy and not having police on their grounds). But they knew these guys were scammers.
Posts have been written about not questioning cast even with Disney and Police are involved regarding guest missing item which I agree to disagree.

Club Cooloholic

Posts have been written about not questioning cast even with Disney and Police are involved regarding guest missing item which I agree to disagree.
Well police will investigate how they see fit, it's not really up to Disney how that's happens. I think k the gist of other posters is they can't treat staff like thieves for every item a customer claims is stolen. All they can do is take the staff at their word that they don't know where it is. If it's the same staff member and multiple reports, my guess is it gets further investigated.

Lilofan

Well police will investigate how they see fit, it's not really up to Disney how that's happens. I think k the gist of other posters is they can't treat staff like thieves for every item a customer claims is stolen. All they can do is take the staff at their word that they don't know where it is. If it's the same staff member and multiple reports, my guess is it gets further investigated.
I recall two years ago from reports from Inside the Magic, two Disney cast who cleaned rooms were under investigation when guests reported items missing from their rooms. Discreet cameras were then installed in the hotel rooms to pretend it was guests rooms set up by Orange County law enforcement . Both were caught stealing money that was set up in rooms during the undercover sting.

John park hopper

I had a million dollars in my luggage so I could pay for my Disney vacation when I got back to my room it was gone --never got it back ruined my vacation. ----------------Joking of course. My wife left her pillow when we checked out --never got it back

Last edited:

Lilofan

I had a million dollars my luggage so I could pay for my Disney vacation when I got back to my room it was gone --never got it back ruined my vacation. ----------------Joking of course. My wife left her pillow when we checked out --never got it back
That’s unfortunate. Disney has a lost and found dept.

VicariousCorpse

I recall two years ago from reports from Inside the Magic, two Disney cast who cleaned rooms were under investigation when guests reported items missing from their rooms. Discreet cameras were then installed in the hotel rooms to pretend it was guests rooms set up by Orange County law enforcement . Both were caught stealing money that was set up in rooms during the undercover sting.
So you remember how they set up a sting operation to catch people who were thought to have stolen, but want the people in the new story to be confronted immediately and questioned? And this was all over 130 dollars in total during the sting operation, do you think Disney isn't taking a wedding band as seriously?

Lilofan

So you remember how they set up a sting operation to catch people who were thought to have stolen, but want the people in the new story to be confronted immediately and questioned? And this was all over 130 dollars in total during the sting operation, do you think Disney isn't taking a wedding band as seriously?
As a poster said Disney will ask which I agree ( same thing as being questioned ).

The Colonel

ZyFj1J1m.jpg

Club Cooloholic

Disney: Did you see, and forget to turn in, a ring in room XXX last Tuesday?

CM I Would have turned it in if I saw it.
End of discussion.

Edited to add Does it make much sense even asking?
I always settled for a garden view room, but I hear if you can afford it, those XXX category rooms have some unbelievable views.

Lilofan

Disney: Did you see, and forget to turn in, a ring in room XXX last Tuesday?

CM I Would have turned it in if I saw it.
End of discussion.

Edited to add Does it make much sense even asking?

Guest to small business owner : I left my wallet by the cashier counter when paying for my watch. Can you please check to see if someone returned it?

Business owner : Sure we will check into it ( Doesn't bother asking the cashier or anyone else since it doesn't make sense?? ).

lewisc

Guest to small business owner : I left my wallet by the cashier counter when paying for my watch. Can you please check to see if someone returned it?

Business owner : SEE BELOW
Everything gets turned over to lost and found. Go to the support section of our website. Fill out the lost and found form. We'll let if we find your item.

A locally owned store might actually check, or pretend to check.

Lilofan

Everything gets turned over to lost and found. Go to the support section of our website. Fill out the lost and found form. We'll let if we find your item.

A locally owned store might actually check, or pretend to check.
And ask the employee(s) who worked that shift.

Sir_Cliff

Business owner : Sure we will check into it ( Doesn't bother asking the cashier or anyone else since it doesn't make sense?? ).
That's a very different scenario, though.

As this thread suggests, Disney is likely getting many reports everyday from guests who say they left something behind in their room. Workplace moral is going to be very low if cleaning staff are constantly being hauled into the manager's office for questioning because a guest left something behind, thinks they left something behind because they can't find it, or is making a report as part of an insurance scam. There's also not much Disney can do if the employee simply says they never saw said item, which they almost certainly will if they want to keep their job.

Lilofan

That's a very different scenario, though.

As this thread suggests, Disney is likely getting many reports everyday from guests who say they left something behind in their room. Workplace moral is going to be very low if cleaning staff are constantly being hauled into the manager's office for questioning because a guest left something behind, thinks they left something behind, or is making a report as part of an insurance scam. There's also not much Disney can do if the employee simply says they never saw said item, which they almost certainly will if they want to keep their job.
Disney did conduct an investigation when 2 cast were looked into in rooms that they cleaned that guests reported items missing. Law enforcement then got involved set up future sting operation to catch the 2 cast which they did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom