Wedding Reading Suggestions

billwhseng

Original Poster
HELP!!!

We are trying to find some good readings for our wedding. I am thinking that there are some great Walt quotes and speeches that deal with dreams coming true. We got engaged during wishes last August and disney has been a very special part of our relationship and we would love to find a way to have it be part of our day. Any help will be welcomed! Thanks everyone!!!

Bill & Beri

foreverbelle

If your a goofy sort of couple:

'We dance, we kiss, we schmooze, we carry on, we go home happy. What do you say? Come on'. – Hercules

WWallaceII

We had a friend do a reading using the lyrics from "The Promise" - used during and after Illuminations, pretty sure it was this part and other bits too but can't find the rest of it just now:-

"We can reach for the stars we find along the way
Dreaming as we learn to love everyday

Promise
You will take my hand
As tomorrow comes
We'll go on

We'll go on
Growing closer through the years
Moving on
Through the good times and the tears
Ever on
Another thousand circles 'round the sun
If two can be as one
We'll go on"

It went down really well and it was quite nice that only my wife and I knew what it was!

DizneyPryncess

Congratulations! What a wonderful way to get engaged! :sohappy:

I had a Disney themed wedding in my hometown, because there were too many people who I knew wouldn't be able to travel to Florida that were important to me. I had a really tough time finding any wedding readings that were fairytale-like. I'm hoping that maybe some others here had some better luck and can help you!

I integrated Disney in other ways though, and I'll share that with you and hope it helps! During the seating of our guests, we had a violinist playing a medley of "A Dream Is a Wish", "A Whole New World" and "When You Wish Upon a Star". I was brought in by horse & carriage. During the lighting of our unity candle, the violinist played "Candle on the Water" from Pete's Dragon. The music was our way of making up for the fact that we couldn't find any Disneyish readings. :)

Our invitations & program fans were made by Disney - through a meeting at Frank's Studio at the Grand Floridian. They're very very helpful there, even if you aren't getting married at WDW. They also shipped me the wedding cake topper for our cake, which is a white chocolate Cinderella castle. Our baker was happy to use it. And we had a glass slipper ice sculpture that our wedding drink, the "Tinkertini" was poured down into people's glasses.

Good luck finding your readings! If you don't find any you like, you will find many other ways to integrate Disney into your big day. I have a wedding photo album on my profile, if you'd like to look for any ideas. Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions about anything. :wave:

-Jamie-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom