Website Issues or Sold Out?

Mr. Sullivan

Original Poster
Hey there! Sorry if this isn't the right place for this but I figured if anyone would know it'd be you all.

Sometime in the next week or so, I'm going to be booking a Disney World vacation. I was on the website just now trying to price out our dates (January 3-10, 2025) and was finding that every single resort I clicked on regardless of tier was saying that bookings were not currently available.

Now, I know this is the week of the 5k, but I am struggling to believe that every resort on property is booked solid. I know there's been a worldwide IT problem and thought it could also be because of that, but was unsure if Disney's technical infrastructure was a part of that.

So does it seem to be a website issue or have I really just waited too late to book for that week because of the 5K?

Last edited:

dmc493

I've had this issue with all browsers on my computer, I'm convinced that Disney actively tries to keep me from booking trips! Usually if I log out of my account, the availability shows up. It's no problem since there's a chance to login before checking out.... hope that works for you!

jennab55

So for some reason when I log in and try to look at dates it shows me nothing is available, but if I log out then magically rooms appear…. Not sure why that is the case, but it’s happened a few times.

Touchdown

So for some reason when I log in and try to look at dates it shows me nothing is available, but if I log out then magically rooms appear…. Not sure why that is the case, but it’s happened a few times.
Maybe they just don’t want you there

(This was a joke😉)

MissingDisney

Wondering the same about the first week or so of December. Only AKL and SSR show up for me.
I don’t think every other room on the entire property is booked. Weird.

Update-logged out of everything and cleared history/cookies, etc. Still no luck. Searched using my kid’s laptop and all sorts of options appeared.

We’re already booked on a BB offer and called Disney directly and got even more options. I guess when in doubt, call.

Last edited:

akileese

Wondering the same about the first week or so of December. Only AKL and SSR show up for me.

Update-logged out of everything and cleared history/cookies, etc. Still no luck. Searched using my kid’s laptop and all sorts of options appeared.

We’re already booked on a BB offer and called Disney directly and got even more options. I guess when in doubt, call.

I booked Coronado Springs for 3 people on the AP booking rate back in June or so, whenever the rates dropped, and all I could book then was Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado. Slowly, they've all fallen off and now it's just Coronado or Boardwalk. Also tried to nab a confirmed DVC rental first for Saratoga but nothing available from 12/1-12/5. They're either not releasing rooms for that week, or it's going to be very packed.

Kind of surprising because I always go the first week after Thanksgiving and it's usually very dead.

LeighM

I recently tried to extend my stay and change some of the reservations but only rack rate rooms were available and next to none, even with discounts, were available for a 2 night combo. The CM I talked to said she could only assume there were a lot of conferences and events the week I'm there because she's never before seen the lack of availability that week, which was once historically low crowds.

LeighM

I booked Coronado Springs for 3 people on the AP booking rate back in June or so, whenever the rates dropped, and all I could book then was Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado. Slowly, they've all fallen off and now it's just Coronado or Boardwalk. Also tried to nab a confirmed DVC rental first for Saratoga but nothing available from 12/1-12/5. They're either not releasing rooms for that week, or it's going to be very packed.

Kind of surprising because I always go the first week after Thanksgiving and it's usually very dead.

Same week I'm there. I was shocked and not very happy to see that because I was hoping for low crowds after my almost nightmarish trip in May. But I have the nonrefundable holiday event tickets so I'm locked in for those dates.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member

The first 2 weeks of December are the lowest point cost for DVC rooms, and they all pretty much book up at either the 11 month or 7 month windows. I just checked the site, and there is absolutely nothing available for those dates - not even a Poly Bungalow!

LeighM

Try clearing your cache. I’ve had some weird issues and resolved it by clearing it.
Unfortunately, that wasn't the issue with my week because I was on the phone with a cast member and there was nothing available except treehouse villas at SSR and 2-3 bedrooms at AKL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom