Web cams returning to disneyworld.com?

mickey04

Original Poster
Well, I completed a survey for disneyworld.com the other day, which asked all sorts of questions about how to improve the website, as well as where one would expect to find certain features on the website. Anyway, one of the questions was, "where would you expect to find interactive features like web cams?" Which leads me to believe that they are coming back! I know there are a lot of web cams fans like me who really enjoyed those and were disappointed when they too them away about two years ago. When asked what features that had been mentioned I really enjoyed, I reiterated the idea of bringing back web cams. So, I hope we'll see 'em real soon.

On a side note, did anyone else take this survey?

jmarc63

Originally posted by mickey04
Well, I completed a survey for disneyworld.com the other day, which asked all sorts of questions about how to improve the website, as well as where one would expect to find certain features on the website. Anyway, one of the questions was, "where would you expect to find interactive features like web cams?" Which leads me to believe that they are coming back! I know there are a lot of web cams fans like me who really enjoyed those and were disappointed when they too them away about two years ago. When asked what features that had been mentioned I really enjoyed, I reiterated the idea of bringing back web cams. So, I hope we'll see 'em real soon.

On a side note, did anyone else take this survey?

just a note, just because they ask a specific question in a survey does,nt mean that Disney wil implement them, It only means that some one is studing the project to see what guests responces are and add that to the other data they are compiling, for the feasibility

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I'd love to see them come back!

Does anyone know why they took them down to start with though? The cost has to be next to nothing. Were there security or privacy concerns?

tigsmom

took this survey yesterday and this was just one of many questions asked about upgrading the Disney site and what we thought of their ideas. I personally hope the cams come back because we always liked to check things out. I heard they we Dc'd because of "problems" (also heard it was because of security).

ps...we were warned not to discuss the surveys when we signed up! I think that you get kicked off the list if they can track you.

Kidatheart

Web Cams

Well it's about time!!! I have complained about this so much in the past I hope that they will turn them back on!! I was down in the world in January and the Camera loacation in the Magic Kingdom was still there. Hope all they have to do is turn them on.
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Only 201 more days till Ft Wilderness!!!!!!!

Is it just me, or in the Mission:Space thread where Sean posted the pic of the lightpost....there appeared to be a small camera box on the post...I dunno, anyone else care to clarify that?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Is it just me, or in the Mission:Space thread where Sean posted the pic of the lightpost....there appeared to be a small camera box on the post...I dunno, anyone else care to clarify that?

I saw that to, but I was guessing it was some kind of sensor (to kick on the lights) , or solar panel (much too small to power anything so its probably not), or a security camera mount. Dunno though :confused: :)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney

Just guessing, but if it is a camera, it's probably much more likely a simple security camera than a web-cam (probably trying to catch the nuts who keep trying to snap shots of the building:lol: )

Originally posted by DMC-12
I saw that to, but I was guessing it was some kind of sensor (to kick on the lights) , or solar panel (much too small to power anything so its probably not), or a security camera mount. Dunno though :confused: :)

I guess...it could be both, webcams aren't exactly large devices...But like gary said, it is probably a a security cam if anything. They must know about Sean trying to get those pictures of the ladders!

mickey04

Original Poster
Originally posted by tigsmom
ps...we were warned not to discuss the surveys when we signed up! I think that you get kicked off the list if they can track you.

whoops! :eek: I guess that means I can't share the information on the survey about the new top secret attraction coming to WDW that will revolutionize the theme park industry as we know it. :lol: But in all seroiusness I just sorta skipped over all the legal stuff- I meant no harm and certainly don't mean to imply web cams will definately be coming back. As a matter of fact, I made the whole thing up--- or did I? :veryconfu I'll leave that up to you.

Sorcerer1

Well, i for one would love to see the cams back. It has never been the same without them. I use to have a special page for them on my website, now i just have a web cam tribute (showing the last photos ever snapped by the cams). I really hope this happens. crossing fingers

pepsistar

:hammer: I keep writing to Disney about the web cams!!! I can never get a srtaight answer from them. I thought I was the only one ?? :( Glad to hear someone else feels the same!

I really really, really, miss them!! :fork: I always used to watch them when I got HOMESICK!!! I sure do miss them alot!! I was told that they were redoing them?? one time that I wrote. That was about a year ago. I can not imagine the $$ Is the reason??

I just asked again last week and did not get anything definate about if they were going to be working or not in the near future. Just that they are working on it!! Boo Hoo!!!:(

I have weather bug, a free wx service. They have a cam on the Swan and Dolphin roof that you can look at, not the same but you can see Spaceship Earth and what the weather is like.

Maybe if we keep asking them they will get it up and running again??? What do you think!!! Hummmmmmmmmmm :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom