Weather

USMC_Wife

Original Poster
We'll be headed to Disney this coming Friday, the 14th until the 22nd. I checked the 10 day forecast, and it shows chances of rain from the 14th until Tuesday the 18th (can't go out any further right now). I'm worried that our entire trip will be a wash out. I have a 5 and a 3 year old. Any advice on what to do when it rains? I've also heard that Florida rain storms don't usually last long. Any truth to that? Thanks guys!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
We'll be headed to Disney this coming Friday, the 14th until the 22nd. I checked the 10 day forecast, and it shows chances of rain from the 14th until Tuesday the 18th (can't go out any further right now). I'm worried that our entire trip will be a wash out. I have a 5 and a 3 year old. Any advice on what to do when it rains? I've also heard that Florida rain storms don't usually last long. Any truth to that? Thanks guys!

Florida is moving into the dry season. I really don't think you have much to worry about. I have been told by some locals that the area hasn't received much rain lately. At most I'd think you'd be looking at an afternoon thunderstorm. They tend to move in and out of the area quickly. I usually head to an attraction with a longer wait time when the storms hit. That way by the time you are through the line and out of the attraction the weather has passed over. :wave: Have a great trip!

nibblesandbits

I'm going at the same time you are, and I'm worried a tad about the weather too (If you go to accuweather.com, they will give you a 15 day forecast) :wave:

I'm not gonna sweat it though. If it rains, I'll just take out my umbrella or poncho, go inside a ride or show and have a good time. By the time I'm done, there's a good chance the rain will be over. If not, well, it's not that far to the next indoor attraction for me to hit next. :D

Hope you have a great time and don't get too wet! :lol: :wave:

EPCOT.nut

Your entire trip will not be a wash out. Most likely you will see rain between 1pm and 4pm if rain's gonna come. A Little rain this time of year means shade from the cloud cover, so it is a good thing. Only twice have I been to the parks when it has truly rained and once it was for 2 hours with heavy down pour and lightening...that was EPCOT May 2006...and after the rain (4pm-6pm) it was refreshing and nice. During the rain we wore ponchos.

The only times we tend to have wash outs here is if there is a tropical storm.

Passport

The weather is finally becoming more normal here. 90 during the day and 75 at night. You can see the clouds come in and when the wind picks up, it is about to rain. I would carry a dollar store umbrella or one of those 2 packs of ponchos you can get at the dollar store. Usually the rain stops after a few minutes but if the sun comes out, it can get pretty humid for awhile.

hcphish

Went in January last year and going back this year. Unfortunately the weather is never really predictable. We had on and off showers a couple of days last year, and of course the evening we had the Princess and Pirate Party it absolutley poured for about and hour and a half. It through the parade and fireworks times off but Disney of course managed to get it right and still fit it all in.

There is still plenty to do when it rains with shows, and shopping, and some rides will even stay open if it is not an all out deluge. Bottom line is be prepared for anything. Oh and we went with our 8 month old and four year old and didn't have any problems with them when the rains did come.

EDIT:I applaud you and your husband. USMC from Jan '95- Jan '99. Thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom