Weather question and resort question

MadisonLynn

What do you think the weather will be like 7/24-7/27, im from south florida so I understand heat. Do you think it will rain because of the tropical storm in the carribean, they said to expect rain in South Florida on thurs or friday. How could I find out if the
weather is going to be like in orlando those days, is there a website.

Did anyone just get back from Port Orleans, how was it. Do you think we should eat breakfast there every morning, I dont want to take so much time out of the parks since we will be having lunch and dinner their. I really hope the resort has the ambieance and lovliness ive heard of, are there nice pathways and places to walk? Thanks a magical million!!!!!!!!!!

wiskband

Not sure about the weather but PO is beautiful! Try and get in the hot tub late at night when no one is there. Thats our nicest memory of PO.:animwink:

Upvote 0

disneydudette

check
www.weatherchannel.com for the 7 day forcast of Orlando...
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USFL0372?lswe=Orlando+&lswa=WeatherLocalUndeclared&whatprefs=
keep your eyes open for weather updates as well as the latest news on that tropical storm...

as for the resort...I'm sure you'll love it...I've read conflicting reports on the recent cutbacks and staffing issues...there have been few complaints though...
You'll find plenty of paths...walking along the river is fantastic...and even the paths to the room are breathtaking...I'd say to eat at the resort...that way you can take care of the main attractions as soon as the park opens...I'm sure it will be crowded...so the earlier the better...
request a room close to the food court...it will be a life saver...overall I'm sure you'l have a wonderful time!

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

nope... nothing can ruin a trip to WDW!! :) We've been to WDW every summer for the past four years, and it usually rains at some point during each day. The storms don't usually last too long. Two summers ago we went down for nine days, and it rained 7 out of 9 days, for long periods of time, but we still had a great time!

Upvote 0

careship

We had storms all but 2 of our 10 days there. But they went as fast as they came. Typical Florida weather. We just got home yesterday and only one day was bad. It stormed on the 18th pretty bad though and that was at night. The eride night that night was bad. They finally opened all the rides back up after midnight. We sat under the train station for over an hour. The speedway and astro orbitor kept opening and closing due to lightning. That was around 8pm. But the rest of the time is great. Just bring ponchos and plan on rain for an hour a day. Usually it was around 4pm. The rest of the time it was hot, very hot unless it was overcast and then it was still mighty warm out.

Upvote 0

TIGGER-FAN

Hi Madison,
Don't worry about your trip, it will be perfect. You have a nice resort and good dinner reservations. Just remember to take time out to smell the flowers as it where and enjoy just being there together. As far as the rain is concerned, my wife and I have been there during torential downpours and had the best time of our lives. If the rain is worrying you, go to walmart and buy cheap rainsuits the kind with the jacket and pants. We did that and walked around the Magic Kingdom in the pouring rain staying high and dry when everyone else was running for cover we laughed so hard watching people running around. We also had several people ask us where they could get them in the park. They were dissapointed when I told them. Bring a back-pack and put the rain jackets in their for those unexpected showers. It is going to be great, just let it happen and don't overplan it to the point of stressing out. Good Luck! :)

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

According to all the cast members at MK, it rains every day at 3pm.

But they also say that's a good time to go see some indoor attractions. (Haunted Mansion, Tiki Room, Small World). When you come out it will have stopped and a lot of people will have left reducing line waits :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom