Weather in parks in August

brucie

We went in August 2 years ago, HOT HOT HOT, we didn't find the crowds terrible and it did rain most days but only briefly, you really didn't notice the rain but it is HOT HOT HOT!!!!!! It didn't ruin our trip though, we still had an amazing time:)

coltow

We divide our days up into thirds - tour a park in the morning to early afternoon, go back to the hotel for most of the afternoon, and tour a park in the evening. This strategy, combined with sunscreen and readily-accessible water bottles, will help you get the most enjoyment out of an August vacation. One final tip: if you plan to tour the same park in the morning and evening of the same day, get FastPasses on your way out in the morning.

Happy planning! :wave:
This exactly how we do it anytime we go during the summer. Our goal is to get to parks when they open, after lunch then it's pool/nap time. We always have dinner reservations and usually shoot for around 5:30 so that we can head to the park around 4pm (hopefully it's already rained or is raining when we leave) and get 1 ride in and grab a fast pass for something before we eat dinner.

mousebymarriage

DH and I went during the last week of July and 1st week of August in 1991 , before we were married. I am not a fan of Disney in the summer! It was HOT , Humid, very crowded and just gross because deodorant is unfortunately not a priority for everyone that visits WDW. I much prefer February, March or April (excluding any "Holiday" weeks). Oh, and don't even get me started on the RUDE foreign tour groups that invade WDW in the summer, that's another thread!:lookaroun

Polyman

My 2 sons and I go every year in August for 10-12 days. This year we were there from the 11th - 22nd and it was gorgeous. We were very pleasantly surprised. During that entire 12 day stretch it rained for a total of 10 minutes. Not 10 minutes each day - a total of 10 minutes, that was it.:)

coltow

My 2 sons and I go every year in August for 10-12 days. This year we were there from the 11th - 22nd and it was gorgeous. We were very pleasantly surprised. During that entire 12 day stretch it rained for a total of 10 minutes. Not 10 minutes each day - a total of 10 minutes, that was it.:)
OMG!!!! That makes me so very happy:sohappy:
We (14 in total) are going August 12-20 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is the same.

karl46

Original Poster
August weather/crowds compared to Dec crowds

Thanks to everyone who replied to this with how the weather was in August but can anybody tell me what the crowd comparison is like as last time i was there it was between Dec 16th and Jan 2 which i have heard is quite busy also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom