Weather in Feburary

jjbrooks567

Original Poster
I was thinking about booking a 4 night Bahamas cruise on the Dream on 2/1/16. Can anyone tell me what the weather is like then? Will it be warm enough to get in the water?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was thinking about booking a 4 night Bahamas cruise on the Dream on 2/1/16. Can anyone tell me what the weather is like then? Will it be warm enough to get in the water?
Yes and no. The last cruise I did was in late January and while it was warm enough to get into the water, the water itself was in the 70's which feels quite cold. (spring water is around 72 degrees) You would get use to it, but once you got out, you really did not want to go back in again.

dumboflyer

Just to clarify: do you mean the ship's pools or the Caribbean? The pools are heated (which you probably know) and the air temperature is plenty warm to get in and out with no problems, IMO.

The Caribbean *can* be warm enough. All 10 of our Disney cruises have been bewteen mid-December and mid-March, the bulk in late Jan/early Feb. (Booked on the Fantasy the last week of Jan '16). There have been times when the water feels really nice and the air temp gets to 80 or more, and we play in the water all day at CC. There have been other times when no one is in the water. Best bet is to pack as if you're swimming.

jjbrooks567

Original Poster
Just to clarify: do you mean the ship's pools or the Caribbean? The pools are heated (which you probably know) and the air temperature is plenty warm to get in and out with no problems, IMO.

The Caribbean *can* be warm enough. All 10 of our Disney cruises have been bewteen mid-December and mid-March, the bulk in late Jan/early Feb. (Booked on the Fantasy the last week of Jan '16). There have been times when the water feels really nice and the air temp gets to 80 or more, and we play in the water all day at CC. There have been other times when no one is in the water. Best bet is to pack as if you're swimming.
Thanks for all the feedback. I went ahead and booked a 4 night cruise on the Dream on 2/1/16 for just me and my husband. I'm so excited!

vinnya1726

Thanks for all the feedback. I went ahead and booked a 4 night cruise on the Dream on 2/1/16 for just me and my husband. I'm so excited!

You will love the Dream, we went this past February and had a great time. It was a little colder than I would have liked on our cruise, but we still managed to have so much fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom