Weather for mid-October

TheDisneyGirl02

I was just wondering if anybody knows what the weather is usually like in mid-October. I'm planning on a trip and I've never been there in October so I have no idea what to expect temp wise especially. I appreciate any info I can get!

Thanks!

TheDisneyGirl02

CenterLine

We are planning our trip for October also. Usually we visit WDW in May, however, this time we got a deal we couldn't pass up. While I'm not 100% sure what the weather will be like, I did some looking at weather.com for Orlando.

The average high for the month is 85, the average low is 65. Records are 95 and 44. Average rainfall is 2.73 in.

Hopefully the weather is good for all of us.

Upvote 0

shari71

We have gone during this time the last two years and going again this year. Between the last two trips there was only one afternoon of rain. Average high temp was around 84 and low was in the 60's. Overall it is not bad but can get a little too warm for my taste. I am hoping this year it will be in the upper 70's for a high.

Upvote 0

shari71

Off and on again. Somedays you could really feel it and other it was fine. This is the time of year that is really hard for us to guess at. I keep checking the weather reports before I go. Last year there wasn't supposed to be a day over 80...but each day was over 80, but not as humid as we are used to in Indiana.

Upvote 0

MissM

October tends to be a dynamic weather month here. (Much like March.) You'll have days where it's quite warm and humid. In the upper 80's with a feels-like of a little more. Then, other days, you'll have a nice, cool, what-passes-for-Autumn-in-Florida days where it stays in the mid/upper 70's and cooler at nights. Those kinds of days are far less humid and the feels-like temp is closer to the actual temperature.

Towards the end of October things tend to be more cool then warm though it's up for grabs the beginning and middle of the month. Keep and eye on the forecast right before you leave but you might want to pack for both conditions just in case. (Because it can be cool one day and then humid the next.)

Either way, don't forget your sunscreen! Cool days or not, our UV Index is always much, much higher then other parts of the country, so it's easy to burn - especially on deceivingly cool or overcast days! (The curse of being the only sub-tropical state in the union.)

Have fun!
-m

Upvote 0

David

This will be our 4th October trip and we love going then. We have gone during the summer months, but October is by far our favorite. The weather is still warm enough to go the water parks and the humidity is not nearly as high as the summer months. You will love going then.

16 days to go!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom