Weather at WDW in early December

S. Paridon

Original Poster
What is the weather like in WDW in early December? I know in New Orleans it can be cool, rarely cold, but definitely highs in the low 70's to 60's occasionally 50's, and lows in the 50's or 40's at night. December vets, chime in.

Thanks.

EPCOTPluto

Usually between the 50s and 70s here as well. There is a brisk wind that comes usually from the north each year.

And sometimes, it can get as cold as 20 degrees in the early mornings! :eek:

RiversideBunny

What are the winning lottery numbers for Saturday night?

Trying to predict the December weather at WDW is sort of like that.
We have been in December many times.
Sometimes it's warm enough for shorts.
Sometimes it's been cold enough to freeze your hidden Mickeys off.
Sometimes one day is warm and the next day is chilly.

Best thing is to check the weather button on here about a week before going.

Good luck. Have fun.
:xmas:

harryk

December Weather!! Wow

Have been to WDW the first 2 weeks of December for the past 5 years and have found that evenings I have needed to carry warm long sleeve shirts and frequently have had a wind breaker (especially while awaiting the fireworks at EPCOT). Days mostly find shorts and tees are suitable. Always long pants in the evening.
Best to carry a bag with clothing change in it if you don't return to your resort during the day.
Have always enjoyed it - and have never been disappointed. If you ride Splash Mountain or the Rapids at AK - definitely bring something to change into if it is later in the day.

Make like the boy scouts -- 'BE PREPARED'.

You'll love it.:xmas::xmas:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I too am from south louisiana and will be there early dec.(3-10).
I have never been at this time either and im keeping my fingers crossed it wont be freezing outside. To us south of I-10 anything below 50 is too cold. Lol Me and DH were there at the beggining of nov last year for our anniversary and the weather was perfect
so hoping for the same.
We wanted to experience all thd holiday activities so we chose dec this time.
We will be celebrating my DH 33rd bday on the 7th and our 2 year anniv.
Can't wait!!

DizneyPryncess

I was there Dec. 2nd - 9th a few years back and it was truly a mixed bag of weather. It was a tough trip to pack for, because we had to prepare for everything.

We ended up with some days that were really warm - and we wore shorts & tank tops. Then there was another day when we wore jeans & long sleeve shirts. At night, we almost always wore jeans & brought a sweatshirt with us though.

Korben

Was at WDW first week in December 2008. Shorts during the daytime (if sunny), jeans/sweats at night. I remember the night we attended the Very Merry Christmas Party it was so cold I never saw people so happy to be on top of each other when the parade came by :lookaroun Had to buy girlfriend a scarf too, be ready for anything !!

reptar77

Hot, Warm, Cool, Really Really Cold
We have been going to same week for the last 7 years and have had one version or multi mix of the above. No way of knowing. I always pack for all of the above.

I'm not the OP, but this is great info. We are going the week before Christmas. We had family go at Christmas one year and it rained the whole time...I hope our luck is better!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom