We were quoted $300 for a VALUE

nerdboyrockstar

We were just quoted $300 for an All-Stars resort at the end of April (28, 29, 30)..

I understand this might be a busy time but that's just price gouging (sp?) isn't it?

Enderikari

That's about $100 a day... Sounds about right for the busy season... What/s the problem? Where's the price gouging? That's been standard value price for years.

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
you weren't ripped off. That's the going rate.

If you want cheaper, the roach motels on 192 would let you in for $30/nt

Upvote 0

sum41914

mkt said:
you weren't ripped off. That's the going rate.

If you want cheaper, the roach motels on 192 would let you in for $30/nt

True true, very true. I always stay in the Value resorts and we have stayed diffrent times at 89/night up to 100/night. We stayed over in a roach motel for a 1/2 night once, when or flight was delayed and well the one we stayed had more wildlife than the Animal Kingdom lol. We saw them and just hit reverse and went back to Disney.

~Sum

edit: fixed Widelife to Wildlife

Upvote 0

Dubman

Paid $91/night for Pop Century 2/19-2/26 3 weeks ago.. With taxes it is the same as you got quoted.. Not a bad price though because it was at $114/night for the same dates before that.. I booked though Travelocity, and got a preffered room for that rate.. When you take into account the money you save on parking, and time spent driving, nothing beats staying on property..

Upvote 0

nerdboyrockstar

Original Poster
It was for 2 nights.. April 28th and the 29th.. So it's still expensive but the CM didn't specify it was $300 for both nights. I'm used to a nightly rate breakdown.

Still.. wow.. I probably won't be going to Disney anytime soon. I only stay on-site.

Upvote 0

Neverwhere

Assuming this was room only, I'm not sure why they quoted you $300 for two nights, even with the tax added on, that should only be $99/night or $111/night for a pref. location room. The tax rate is 6.5% if I'm not mistaken. That should make your total for 2 nights in a preferred room around $240 rounded up.

Where were they getting $300 for two nights? I'd call back and talk to another CM.

I've gotten rates as low as $49/night at the values before, with an AP discount. You could always try traveling during value season when rack rates are lower.

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Yeah, I know...$100/night doesn't sound "value," but that's the going rate. My ressies at Pop, ASMo, and ASSp for mid-March averaged around $70/night with an AP discount.

There are clean, comparable (albeit sparse) offsite accommodations available for around half of what you're paying. If you're willing to trade the Disney theming for money, I don't think you'll have trouble finding those.

Good luck on your trip!

Len

Upvote 0

bullitt05

Hey.
Try again.
I was interested in this so I gave a ring just now to central reservations (i know, i know) and was quoted $220.76 (including tax) for the dates you specified at Pop Century. You may even find a bit cheaper through AAA or whatever...goto mousesavers.com to check it out.
Maybe you won't have to wait so long for your next WDW adventure!

Upvote 0

jesserin

Neverwhere said:
Assuming this was room only, I'm not sure why they quoted you $300 for two nights, even with the tax added on, that should only be $99/night or $111/night for a pref. location room. The tax rate is 6.5% if I'm not mistaken. That should make your total for 2 nights in a preferred room around $240 rounded up.

Where were they getting $300 for two nights? I'd call back and talk to another CM.

I've gotten rates as low as $49/night at the values before, with an AP discount. You could always try traveling during value season when rack rates are lower.

Tax is 12.5%... ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom