We Survived Ian … in an RV. Another JenniferS Live Trip Report

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
And we’re off again … this time to an RV resort in the Florida Keys. But if you read my Pigeon Forge Trip Report, you already knew that, didn’t you?

There will be a separate live trip report for the Fort Wilderness/WDW portion at the end of the trip.

Okay, let’s get started.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
The Who.
Same cast of characters as the last trip, just a few weeks ago.

Me. JenniferS.
8F694A8B-591E-4C70-8971-F0296617EB4B.jpeg
Just celebrated the Freedom 55 birthday last week.
Oh look - the number of Florida RV sites available to us just doubled. 😂

Mike.
610EC40E-3082-4284-B3E5-C48EDD76D0C9.jpegHe did not turn 55 last week. (The benefits of marrying a younger man.) He does all of the driving and hitching/unhitching, and barbecuing/grilling. He’s also in charge of emptying and flushing the tanks. (But like Bruno, we don’t talk about that.)

Daisy. 4177349F-A850-47DF-A86F-3F08EE944CD0.jpegThe pup we said we’d never get. Then COVID came … and the rest is history. What a blessing she has been to our family.

Baby Bo. 7BEB2398-ADE5-49A6-ABBA-2C4AEB774F6E.jpeg
The newest addition to our family. After years of just kind of vaguely talking about it, we bought an RV on a whim, exactly a year ago yesterday. We didn’t take possession until the end of April this year, so it’s basically still brand spanking new.
This will be our fourth trip.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
The Where.
Sunshine Key RV Resort and Marina.
(All pics taken from their website.)

While we were hunkered down in our room at Coronado Springs, this resort was completely obliterated by Hurricane Irma in 2017. Since then, everything has been rebuilt from the ground up. Like Baby Bo, everything is brand spanking new.

32C8BA3A-78AD-4F20-94EC-42382EA7C65E.jpegB4127D8F-1F58-4F07-BAF3-B379CE528E91.png7F433DB0-AA9E-4B86-88A5-7469162286C2.jpeg8501DB5B-748F-48FE-96F3-24D335D81D71.jpeg4BE40859-EF98-40C1-8BB2-6941C9F8B841.jpeg1EF2C505-B8F6-4ED1-AE88-4C15DCA27591.jpeg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
The When.

We leave our home in the wee hours on Monday, August 29th. We have a 12 hour’ish drive to Pigeon Forge (where we stored the RV), so we cannot dilly-dally like we did a few weeks ago.

We’ll be spending the night in a Quality Inn in Sevierville on the 29th and then picking up the RV in the morning of the 30th. From there, we’ll have two overnight stops before arriving at our destination on September 1st.

Once we’re unhitched and all set up, we have one full glorious month at this resort. We check out on October 1st, and head to Fort Wilderness for 4 nights.

There’s a chance that our youngest son might finally take a week off work and join us. It’s been 4 years since he’s had any real time off (with the exception of when he got COVID), so he totally needs a break. He’s an avid fisherman, camper, and boater, so this would be his happy place.

I’m still hoping Bestie is joining us for a week too. (She’s a little tied up right now, so I’m not nagging, but I will. You can bank on it.)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Following along

Bom Dia Hello GIF

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I developed a bit of a toothache last night. Discovered a sharp edge on my (second to back) molar - which already has a 40+ year old filling. My generation’s molars are all filling - originally amalgam, then replaced with composite.

My dentist office is closed every other Friday in the summer. Guess which Friday this is. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’ve been calling everywhere for an emergency last minute appointment. There are a few places that can see me today, but wont be able to do any needed work until next week.

Needless to say I am tripping. There are only two rules after getting a hip replacement.
1A) DO NOT FALL.
1B) DO NOT LEAVE ANY KIND OF INFECTION UNTREATED. (Infection goes straight to the implant, and the consequences are not good.)

I finally found somewhere that can see me late Sunday afternoon. Assuming I need a whole new filling, the freezing should start wearing off mere hours before we hit the road. Ugh!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I was waiting for some news from work about a potential contract, so I had to wait until last night to buy WDW park tickets.

We still each have one PH ticket left over from our Irma lockdown, so I only needed a single day non-PH ticket for each of us. The original plan was to go to MK on 10/3 and Epcot/DHS on 10/5, but MK park reservations are no longer available for the 3rd, so I switched the days around.

Our day at MK had better be the single most fulfilling, exciting, wonderful day of our lives (including our wedding day!) because this is how much two one day tickets cost (with exchange):

A561D1A8-A089-45DA-92C5-A8CB51BA9D0F.jpeg

NYwdwfan

(She’s a little tied up right now, so I’m not nagging, but I will. You can bank on it.)
If I can swing it, I will. My fridge died this week so I had to buy a new one. Hoping I don’t need new brakes or tires when I get me car inspected next week.
I was waiting for some news from work about a potential contract, so I had to wait until last night to buy WDW park tickets.

We still each have one PH ticket left over from our Irma lockdown, so I only needed a single day non-PH ticket for each of us. The original plan was to go to MK on 10/3 and Epcot/DHS on 10/5, but MK park reservations are no longer available for the 3rd, so I switched the days around.

Our day at MK had better be the single most fulfilling, exciting, wonderful day of our lives (including our wedding day!) because this is how much two one day tickets cost (with exchange):

View attachment 662628
If park ressies were close to being sold out you probably wouldn’t want to be there anyway.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
The Where.
Sunshine Key RV Resort and Marina.
(All pics taken from their website.)

While we were hunkered down in our room at Coronado Springs, this resort was completely obliterated by Hurricane Irma in 2017. Since then, everything has been rebuilt from the ground up. Like Baby Bo, everything is brand spanking new.

View attachment 662548
"Fred the Tree"????????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom