Trip Report We shoulda got the grouper! - F&W total domination

EDITED 07.07.17 - Photobucket has updated their policies so my photos aren't displaying. I'll try to switch them all over to Flickr eventually!

Hello, friends! It's been about a week since our trip :cry: and I figured I better do this report now before I forget everything. It was a fantastic trip (as usual), and we are already planning our 2017 trip. That one will be pretty big. We'll be celebrating our 5th anniversary and my 30th birthday!

I'll get to the explanation of the title eventually. It was a little joke with us on the trip, but hopefully it'll be funny to y'all as well :joyfull:

Day 1: Thursday

We got up around 4:15 :eek: to get ready to leave for the airport. We left out of the Memphis airport, which is 1.5 hours away. We figured that early in the morning the traffic wouldn't be bad, but we were wrong. They've been reconfiguring an interchange for a few years, and it bottlenecks really bad, apparently even at 6am! We had already gotten a late start because I left my AP and a giftcard at work and we had to stop by for them, so I was sweating when we hit that traffic. We still made it to the airport about an hour before takeoff, and Memphis security is really quick most of the time. So we got to our gate in plenty of time. Whew!

Here we go!

This is us on the plane, the fonorail and in line for the bus. The plane landed pretty early, but we didn't gain any time because we got lost finding the Magical Express. It's been 3 years since we flew down, so I had forgotten that you have to cross to B side :rolleyes:

We hopped in line for the bus at 10:55 and were on the bus by 11! I also got the text that our room was ready, so everything was going super smoothly. I was just waiting for something to go wrong :cautious:

The bus driver said the total route was 40 minutes, but we were the first stop, so it wasn't bad. Woot! We headed to our room at the Yacht Club to drop off our bags. We thought it seemed really far from the lobby because it was a lot of turns, but it really wasn't bad. I LOVED the lobby and the general atmosphere at Yacht Club. It smelled so good in there, I just wanted to bottle it up and use it as perfume :inlove:

Here are some pictures of our room and the Yacht Club lobby

I want that headboard!

Bug spray that I didn't use...I'm the worst. Also, that lamp :inlove:

The bathroom counters look a lot like my kitchen ones. My fav!

Didn't take a picture of the view, but it was just trees as you can see. It was unfortunately very close to the bus stop and some kind of loading dock, so it was pretty loud sitting out there on the balcony. I was able to tune it out though.

Here's a phone shot since I didn't bring a wide angle lens for my camera.

I wanted a picture with the captain, but I was too shy

This is R buying sunglasses. He realized after we were through security at the airport that he forgot his. We didn't think it was worth going back to get them, so he grabbed some at this gift shop before we left for Epcot. They were just as ugly as the ones he wears at home :rolleyes:

That's it for now! I spent like an hour trying to get my pictures on Photobucket and organized, and they're still out of order. ARGH.

Up next, our first foray into Food & Wine Festival for the year!

Last edited:

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
I noticed the hat right away--it looks great on you!

Fantastic photo of the backside of water.

I've always found those chairs next to the Boardwalk fireplace to be just a little...freaky.

Great report! Thanks for sharing your trip and all your fabulous photos.

So glad you enjoyed it! I agree about those chairs. They are so strange!!

Another great trip report. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed it :D

LeighM

I'm so sorry for your loss. My mother died on July 4th of this year after a short fight with leukemia. I was the only child of a single mother and she was all the family I had left. I can't say I know exactly what you're going through but I do understand the grief of losing a parent you're close to. You and your family have my condolences!!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Hey friends, I ordered a shirt for me and my husband on teepublic (thanks for the recommendation @Tuvalu!)

I got this shirt in women's tri-blend medium (purple color) https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/732337-999?store_id=77838

It is so amazingly soft by WAY too small. Like way way way. It's fitted, which I should have known being a women's cut. I just like my tshirts loose. Anyway if anyone wants it, let me know. No charge, I'll eat the cost. It would make a good Christmas gift for a Disney fan! Especially if that Disney fan is in shape and likes fitted tees....

(@prfctlyximprct would you be able to wear it/like it? You're little so I bet it'd fit you!)

prfctlyximprct

Hey friends, I ordered a shirt for me and my husband on teepublic (thanks for the recommendation @Tuvalu!)

I got this shirt in women's tri-blend medium (purple color) https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/732337-999?store_id=77838

It is so amazingly soft by WAY too small. Like way way way. It's fitted, which I should have known being a women's cut. I just like my tshirts loose. Anyway if anyone wants it, let me know. No charge, I'll eat the cost. It would make a good Christmas gift for a Disney fan! Especially if that Disney fan is in shape and likes fitted tees....

(@prfctlyximprct would you be able to wear it/like it? You're little so I bet it'd fit you!)

I don't know how I didn't see this... it's a super cute shirt but I swear I am not that small! I will feel horrible if it doesn't fit and you paid it forward to me... :oops:

prfctlyximprct

I loved your report and your hat!!! I can relate because all trip I kept telling joe I wanted to buy the monsters university hat... I never ever wear hats in real life so I kept talking myself out of it. But then I came home and it was on cyber Monday sale and I just had to have it!! It's so cute! I think we both can rock disney hats no problem! :p

So jealous of your countdown... I think I may be your long lost sister... can I come?!? Haha

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
I don't know how I didn't see this... it's a super cute shirt but I swear I am not that small! I will feel horrible if it doesn't fit and you paid it forward to me... :oops:

It's a medium, so it technically does fit me...it's just the fitted style that I don't care for. I like loose tees! But I'll see if I can find someone to wear it. I just thought of you since you are always getting cute Disney shirts :D

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
I loved your report and your hat!!! I can relate because all trip I kept telling joe I wanted to buy the monsters university hat... I never ever wear hats in real life so I kept talking myself out of it. But then I came home and it was on cyber Monday sale and I just had to have it!! It's so cute! I think we both can rock disney hats no problem! :p

So jealous of your countdown... I think I may be your long lost sister... can I come?!? Haha

Ok I'm glad I am not the only one that buys hats at Disney! I might wear it on a weekend sometime, and I'll definitely wear it next trip! I hope you get to go back soon. I think someone who loves it as much as you should get to go once a month at least ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom