Pre-Trip WE HAVE TO GO BACK! (April 2016)

Wow.

Well, this is quite a surprise!

We JUST got back from Disney on 9/26!! I hadn't been in ten years, and honestly didn't expect to be back for quite some time, but as luck would have it, it looks like we are going to be back in just SIX SHORT MONTHS!! I'm seriously still kind of in shock!

So here is a bit of back story to explain..My co worker has told me that her and her significant other are going to start trying for a baby...right now. I'm totally cool with this except that we normally vacation in September, and really any way it plays out if she were to be successful in the new few months, it would mean no vacation or any time off for me for up to 3 months. We always go to the beach, and so my brain started racking. We could go in early spring, but no, too cold, and basically it just went like that and me calculating out how many months from each month and blah blah. It got overwhelming. I knew that no matter what, I'd be pretty safe in April or May but it's not warm enough for the beach. Disney briefly came to mind but I thought "no way will i be able to talk my husband into going back this soon!" So all day today I looked up prices with the help of my mom (remember, she planned out entire vacation!) and I came home in hopes of trying to convince my husband that I think this is the best thing to do in regards to the uncertainty of my coworker being out next year. It didn't take much convincing! He was surprised that we could stay for as cheap as we could and that was it! We decided we are going to do it! I am giddy like a school girl!

I LOVE my beach trips, and the fact that I'm so excited about this is a bit surprising! So that's that! This is SUPER early in the planning process (and that step is OMG i'm still in shock!) and I know all of almost NOTHING right now except that we will be staying in a Value this time around since we are footing the bill. LOL

Anyway, that's all I've got right now. I honestly can't believe it! Stick around!

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My mom just suggested Cape May. I've never even heard of this place, but the food sounds wonderful!!!

I'm so conflicted! I don't want to keep making ADR's and cancelling them (is that normal!?)

I don't make ADR's, but from reading posts from several members who do, (and have lots of time prior to their vacation to think about the restaurants), they often change their mind. So yes, what you are doing is very normal!! ;)

Mom@disney

I have never eaten at Cape May, but from what others have said...it's not worth it. I think you have a great choice with Chef Mickeys!
Your plans are great with plenty of rest time too.
I'm so excited for you that you get a couples day in MK! I would say definately keep the BOG lunch...it is so beautiful in there. We've eaten there 3 times (my oldest is a huge Beauty & the Beast Fan) and loved every meal.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well, I'm pretty sure I'm cancelling my Akershus ADR.

I've been doing some reading, and I think the price is a little steep for two adults. At $50 a person, this really would be quite a splurge on a buffet meal. I'd much rather meet characters that Harper is more familiar with. Maybe in a couple years when she has a better grasp at what/who the princesses are it would be a better time for her.

I made an ADR at Chef Mickey's again! It's the first morning, and it's early, but she did really well there in September. I was really hoping to snag Tusker House since we are going to AK that day, but right now there is no availability! Which would you pick? Chef Mickey's or Tusker House? I'm going to keep an eye out for TH, but for the time being I'm pretty happy with Chef Mickey's. It's just going to be some extra work going to MK, catching the monorail to the CR, and then taking a bus to AK, but I'm sure it'll be fine.
I'd stick with your plan keep CM but keep an eye out for TH and you're right about waiting for Akershus.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My mom just suggested Cape May. I've never even heard of this place, but the food sounds wonderful!!!

I'm so conflicted! I don't want to keep making ADR's and cancelling them (is that normal!?)
Totally normal, I'm working on my list for next summer and it seems to change every 2 weeks. At first we were thinking an ADR a day and now not so much:facepalm: Not to mention the places except for a few keep changing:facepalm:

RyPat

I learned that there is going to be some kind of World's Cheerleading thing the week we were originally planning, and I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but NOOOOOOOOO.

Uh oh - dare i ask when the cheerleaders invade? (don't say last week of April, don't say last week of April) :oops:

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
I have never eaten at Cape May, but from what others have said...it's not worth it. I think you have a great choice with Chef Mickeys!
Your plans are great with plenty of rest time too.
I'm so excited for you that you get a couples day in MK! I would say definately keep the BOG lunch...it is so beautiful in there. We've eaten there 3 times (my oldest is a huge Beauty & the Beast Fan) and loved every meal.

I ended up cancelling Chef Mickey's but only because we are going to AK that morning and I really wanted Tusker House. I'd like to not jump all over the place for breakfast, so this works out!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Uh oh - dare i ask when the cheerleaders invade? (don't say last week of April, don't say last week of April) :oops:

It's totally the last week of April.... Sorry :(. That's why we moved it! If you aren't staying in a Value, it shouldn't be too much worry (other than CBR who takes the over flow)

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
So last night I cancelled Akershus completely. Like I said, this seems to be one of the most expensive meet breakfasts and I'm not even sure Harper would know the princesses. I think we are going to save this one for when she's a bit older.

We cancelled Chef Mickey's because I did end up finding a morning ADR for Tusker House! I don't know what I did yesterday, but at first there were none available, but when I went back there was, so I gladly took it!

I love how I was like " I'm not making any ADR's!!!" but now I've got MORE than the last trip! I like that I can cancel if needed, so I'm not too worried.

TheMouseFan

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm cancelling my Akershus ADR.

I've been doing some reading, and I think the price is a little steep for two adults. At $50 a person, this really would be quite a splurge on a buffet meal. I'd much rather meet characters that Harper is more familiar with. Maybe in a couple years when she has a better grasp at what/who the princesses are it would be a better time for her.

I made an ADR at Chef Mickey's again! It's the first morning, and it's early, but she did really well there in September. I was really hoping to snag Tusker House since we are going to AK that day, but right now there is no availability! Which would you pick? Chef Mickey's or Tusker House? I'm going to keep an eye out for TH, but for the time being I'm pretty happy with Chef Mickey's. It's just going to be some extra work going to MK, catching the monorail to the CR, and then taking a bus to AK, but I'm sure it'll be fine.
We love Tusker House! I would keep trying to get one there since you will already be in the park. We've never been to Cape May, so can't offer any suggestions there.
Edit: Oops, didn't read far enough to see that you got Tusker House!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
We love Tusker House! I would keep trying to get one there since you will already be in the park. We've never been to Cape May, so can't offer any suggestions there.
Edit: Oops, didn't read far enough to see that you got Tusker House!
I'm so excited about Tusker House! I've never been but AK is my second favorite park, so i'll be cool to have a sit down meal there!

bee

Totally normal (and if not then I'm quite abnormal)! My next trip is two weeks away and I am still changing things! I think you made the right call re: character breakfasts. I've never done Akershus and sometimes I would really like to but I'm not sure the experience would be worth it for us even though I love the princesses. I think I'd only do it if I got a reservations an hour before Epcot opens so I can see the empty park.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Totally normal (and if not then I'm quite abnormal)! My next trip is two weeks away and I am still changing things! I think you made the right call re: character breakfasts. I've never done Akershus and sometimes I would really like to but I'm not sure the experience would be worth it for us even though I love the princesses. I think I'd only do it if I got a reservations an hour before Epcot opens so I can see the empty park.

Good to know I'm not over doing it! I just keep seeing places I want to eat! LOL

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Not much going on with planning now that ADR's are over! We need to focus on saving money for the trip, which is honestly proving to be hard right now. We have Christmas coming up, and some lingering medical bills that need paid off. Also, because my husband didn't get paid for the vacation in September (because he'd just started the job) we are still dealing with the loss of a week of income. It'll all be okay in the end, but this is an overwhelming time to year to plan a vacation that's only 5 months away.

This weekend was super stressful. My cousin was in a bad car accident and so we spent a lot of time in the hospital. The kid was amazingly lucky. He swerved to avoid hitting a deer and ended up rolling the car 3x. He had to crawl out of his sunroof and then lost consciousness. Luckily he was wearing hit seat belt. Doctor's said if he hadn't, he wouldn't be here right now. His car is totaled. He's only been driving 4 months so the car is a total loss. He's very upset. He's still in the hospital but he suffered no broken bones or any major injury.

So, it's Monday! Another week has started...

Figgy1

Premium Member
Not much going on with planning now that ADR's are over! We need to focus on saving money for the trip, which is honestly proving to be hard right now. We have Christmas coming up, and some lingering medical bills that need paid off. Also, because my husband didn't get paid for the vacation in September (because he'd just started the job) we are still dealing with the loss of a week of income. It'll all be okay in the end, but this is an overwhelming time to year to plan a vacation that's only 5 months away.

This weekend was super stressful. My cousin was in a bad car accident and so we spent a lot of time in the hospital. The kid was amazingly lucky. He swerved to avoid hitting a deer and ended up rolling the car 3x. He had to crawl out of his sunroof and then lost consciousness. Luckily he was wearing hit seat belt. Doctor's said if he hadn't, he wouldn't be here right now. His car is totaled. He's only been driving 4 months so the car is a total loss. He's very upset. He's still in the hospital but he suffered no broken bones or any major injury.

So, it's Monday! Another week has started...
I hope he gets well soon. Time to count your blessings the car can be replaced he can't

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom