Trip Report We had a wonderful time

Who: Myself, my adult son and daughter, and my daughter's husband
When: Dec 4 thru 14
Where: OKW (DVC member)

The good stuff:
- MVMCP was a LOT of fun and started off our trip. Between the lights, the special events, cookies and drinks, we had a blast.
- All new to us (it's been a little over four years) was Guardians (our top favorite), MMRR (lots of fun), Remy (best use of trackless) and Tron (second favorite).
- Boathouse food and drinks were great.
- The parks (all of them) at night, which we focused on this trip
- The weather
- Most of Epcot was great with all the Christmas stuff and specialty booths
- "Disco" Christmas Space Mountain for MVMCP
- Raglan Road
- Luminous

The bad stuff:
- Based on my 50 years of going to the park(s), this was the worst for ride breakdowns
- Despite the rave reviews, Boma was disappointing... not very interesting food and front-of-house was really disorganized
- OKW is showing its age and lack of maintenance (chipped paint, low water pressure, missing or broken things)
- The walls, which were worse in 2019, are STILL up at Epcot.
- COP is feeling too dated... like embarrassingly dated. Not quaint or timeless... just old.
- SSE also feels really dated... rickety tracks and cars, dated tech...
- G+ and ILL and the software that supports it... confusion and uncertainty about rules for at least the first few days
- Rise of the Resistance was a letdown. Bad viewing angles, tepid storyline... one and done for all of us.

The comfort of an old friend:
- Old Key West in general
- Rock N Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, World Showcase, Pirates, Thunder... many others.
- The bubble still exists
- Some perks, like EEH, was nice and appreciated
- 50's Prime Time
- Hoop Dee Doo

It wasn't until we got home that we realized we missed doing a few things, which we'll emphasize on our next trip. We used G+ a few times as needed as well as ILL a few times too.

We'll go again in a couple years... hoping ride maintenance improves and the process of being a guest improves. I don't think we need MORE rides and attractions... just keep the existing ones in working order and either update or replace those that are beyond their expiration date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom