We finally decided....

Owishingonastar

Original Poster
So, today we decided we are still going to try and shoot for the Nov. Dec. trip. But we are no longer going to stay at one of the value resorts. I told my husband to choose any of the moderate resorts that he would want to stay at. And he chose Coronado Resort!! When it come's to deciding something it take's him forever but this is one thing he was surprisingly quick at deciding. So is there anything bad about this resort?? What's good?? Any information would be gladly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

accord99cutie

Premium Member
it is my favorite resort!! It really is quite big, but look at the maps, and pick an area that apeals to you, and make sure you request one and have it noted on your reservation. The pool is great, the walk around the lake is amazing, and the overall atmosphere there really apeals to my family. there are conventions most of the time, but that just means fewer families crowding the pools and park busses. The food court is a bit confusing the first time, but is really not hard as long as u understand it, and also, a tip to avoid the 10% automatic tip is to get your food "to go" and then you can just take your meal outside to one of the tables or back to your room, and you avoid having to pay any tip. Any other questions feel free to ask!

also, here is a great fan website that was made by a member on this forum:
http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

Owishingonastar

Original Poster
it is my favorite resort!! It really is quite big, but look at the maps, and pick an area that apeals to you, and make sure you request one and have it noted on your reservation. The pool is great, the walk around the lake is amazing, and the overall atmosphere there really apeals to my family. there are conventions most of the time, but that just means fewer families crowding the pools and park busses. The food court is a bit confusing the first time, but is really not hard as long as u understand it, and also, a tip to avoid the 10% automatic tip is to get your food "to go" and then you can just take your meal outside to one of the tables or back to your room, and you avoid having to pay any tip. Any other questions feel free to ask!

also, here is a great fan website that was made by a member on this forum:
http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

Thank you for the website and info!! How is the food there? Pricey? There's 4 different bus stops from what i read. Which building is the best? & closest to the bus?

accord99cutie

Premium Member
The bus stops are numbered 1-4, bus top 1 is at the main building that has the restaurants, check in, etc. stop 2 is behind Casitas building 4, stop 3 is behind Ranchos building 7A, and stop 4 is behind the Cabanas building 8B (check a map, just note that stop 3 is actually behind building 7A not 6A)
Also note that the DTD bus is the only bus that runs stops 1, 2, 3, 4, the park busses all run from stop 2, 3, 4, and then 1.

If being close to a bus is most important to you than request any of the buildings I just mentioned, if you also want to be close to the front then Cabanas or Casitas are good at being close to main building as well as close to a bus stop.

The food at Pepper market can be pricey, the good thing is they are huge portions and most meals are enough to share between two people. Also, for breakfast, I would just get a side of eggs and a side of hash browns, it was only 7ish dollars versus paying for the breakfast meal that was over 10$ They have all the menus with prices at allears.net which can be very helpful.

Avenger117

Its my favorite resorts. Its really great, really big place and the food at the pepper market is pretty good. Theres alot of fun stuff to do on the lake as well.

Chance

I don't care for this resort -- it is the one resort where each time I've stayed it has been very noisey and we can hear outside noise in our room. Also, the resort is quite spread out which we don't care for either. The food is great at Pepper Market and the service is good. The biggest reason we don't care for it is the business-convention crowd. It made me feel too much like I was at work. It took me longer to relax.

flyer31

I have stayed at CS a couple of times. I love this resort, rooms are nice and it doesn't seem to be too far from any of the parks. You are gonna love it!

atsolomon

Coronado Springs is a wonderful resort. When we stayed there, it really felt like a vacation within a vacation. One issue is that there's a bit less pixie dust there since it hosts business conventions. Having said that, the details of the theming is incredible. There are mayan-style hieroglyphs inside the kids' play structure! There's transitional elements between the sections of the restorts, etc.

The resort is very large. You can use the resort buses to get around -- that's why bus stop 1 is the last stop for most buses.

I found the food court at bit confusing at first, though I got the hang of it after a day or two. If you are the food plan, it is a great value since you can get things like prime rib for a counter service credit. At least that's what I heard; I'm a vegetarian. ;-) The cooks would alter dishes for my preference, so I could get a vegetarian burrito even though it is not on the menu.

The pool is, of course, tremendous. My kids stil talk about it a year and a half later.

Have a great time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom