Trip Report We are venturing outside our comfort zones and hoping the reward is worth it!! April 11 -23, 2021

Hello! I am, again, going to attempt to do a semi livish trip report and then fill in the details when I return. Like Rapunzel, when we made these plans, I definitely was taking a leap a faith! I, like all of us, have had a long year. We are DVC members and it was time to use the points. It is that simple. I can't tell you how thrilled I am now!

The cast remains the same! Den (my husband), Deighton(me), Hunter (16), Camden (9), and Brinley (5 and starts kindergarten in the fall). Some of us are a lot taller and some of us wider...

20190605_104920.jpg

We fly Southwest out of Pittsburgh early Sunday morning and land in Orlando around 10:15am.( I feel like I struck gold with 2 nonstop flights!) Then we head to the home where animals belong, a one bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge until April 19th. Then we move to Cabana Bay Beach Resort until the 23rd. Universal is a whole new world for us. Any advice for the entire length of stay is welcome!

I will be posting our plans soon! Thanks for reading! Another big thank you to those of you who posted, happy, positive thoughts and reports during these crazy times. It definitely kept time moving forward and hope alive. It keeps me smiling and tearing up to see your children growing up on this platform! Happy Thursday everyone!!

littleroo

Original Poster
Ok. My rant, so far! Animal Kingdom Lodge busses are SLOW! We have waited over a half hour multiple times. I know this is a common problem and fortunately have never run into it before. Yes, I am aware it is a pandemic and I am patient person. We just waited at Animal Kingdom for 40 plus minutes. Grr!! No pun intended! I am good now!

Second, I hate plexiglass!! CMs please put tall people at the back of the things with plexiglass and shorter people in the front. I know it is not always possible but we are 0 for 5!!

Loco_driver

Ok. My rant, so far! Animal Kingdom Lodge busses are SLOW! We have waited over a half hour multiple times. I know this is a common problem and fortunately have never run into it before. Yes, I am aware it is a pandemic and I am patient person. We just waited at Animal Kingdom for 40 plus minutes. Grr!! No pun intended! I am good now!

Second, I hate plexiglass!! CMs please put tall people at the back of the things with plexiglass and shorter people in the front. I know it is not always possible but we are 0 for 5!!
We had a wonderful bus driver earlier who really helped us out of a bind. She literally rerouted herself from boardwalk to beach club because the line for beach was so insane. First she told us to get on and just walk from boardwalk, but once we were almost to boardwalk she ended being able to drop us off at beach club instead. She told us they have a new bus system that is horrible, and to go to the front desk to complain about it. Actual guest complaints are the only thing that might change it.

PolynesianPrincess

Thank you for following!! We certainly got a lot accomplished today! Wait times are crazy right now compared to earlier. We are trying to decide our next plan of attack! Tiffins reservation at 630.

I'm making a spreadsheet of all the wait times every hour on the hour so we can see the trends and make a plan ahead of time. Yes, I'm that crazy of a planner!!! LOL

What time were yall out there for the bus this morning?

littleroo

Original Poster
I'm making a spreadsheet of all the wait times every hour on the hour so we can see the trends and make a plan ahead of time. Yes, I'm that crazy of a planner!!! LOL

What time were yall out there for the bus this morning?
6:50 am. Our bus came at 7:05 and we were in line for FOP at 7:20. The line started moving around 7:45. We were done with the ride by 8.

littleroo

Original Poster
We had a wonderful bus driver earlier who really helped us out of a bind. She literally rerouted herself from boardwalk to beach club because the line for beach was so insane. First she told us to get on and just walk from boardwalk, but once we were almost to boardwalk she ended being able to drop us off at beach club instead. She told us they have a new bus system that is horrible, and to go to the front desk to complain about it. Actual guest complaints are the only thing that might change it.
Thanks for the advice! I may have to which I hate to do! I hope you are having a great day!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom