We are staying at the Poly!

gooftroop5

In March we decided to take one more trip before our APs expired. I booked POR RGR for 8 nights in June. Well.....I've gone a little crazy and split our reservation today so we were staying at the Poly half of the trip! This is our 7th trip as a family and we are hooked on OKW, but wanted to try something new this trip.

So....tell me that I'm not going to regret splitting the ressie. Why does everyone love the Poly so much? :) Am I going to regret splitting a reservation and having to move mid-trip?

NiarrNDisney

Lucky Duck! I think people enjoy staying at the Polynesian because it has such a great theme that really sucks you in! Who hasn't wanted to vacation on a Pacific island? I have been to Hawaii and can tell you the Mouse did a wonderful job setting the ton of the resort, also they have some of the best dining spots on property! I hope you have a wonderful time, I am betting you will not regret your choice to have a split stay! :)

Upvote 0

dave&di

No you won't regret it at all! The Poly is an amazing resort, we stayed there in 2010. The theming is lovely, it has a relaxing vibe about it, plus it was full of families, the pool is great, the food is great, but best of all it's close to the MK, if you don't want to use the monorail you can get the ferry from the TTC right next door, it's a lovely journey. In the evening you can watch Wishes from the beach too!

Upvote 0

mrdisman

In March we decided to take one more trip before our APs expired. I booked POR RGR for 8 nights in June. Well.....I've gone a little crazy and split our reservation today so we were staying at the Poly half of the trip! This is our 7th trip as a family and we are hooked on OKW, but wanted to try something new this trip.

So....tell me that I'm not going to regret splitting the ressie. Why does everyone love the Poly so much? :) Am I going to regret splitting a reservation and having to move mid-trip?

Not at all...but finish at Poly...you may not want to leave...

Upvote 0

bethymouse

We didn't want to leave. The grounds are gorgeous. The monorail is so convenient. The lobby is beautiful! The restaurants are fabulous ( must try 'Ohana). The coffee bar in the morning is the best on property IMHO because it's Kona Coffee!:) The beach. The pool. The Spirit of Aloha Show ( a must do @ least once). Watching Wishes from the beach. Walking to the TTC to go to EPCOT. There is just nothing about the POLY to dislike. IMHO.;)

Upvote 0

luv

I've moved mid-trip. I do NOT like it at all and chose not to do that any longer. I pick a hotel and stick with it. I want all relaxation and fun on my vacations - NO WORK! :)

But some people don't mind it as much. Hard to know which category you'll fit into. I hope you enjoy the switching.

The Poly s a nice hotel. Kind f romantic, especially at night. The EWP comes by, too, which is nice if you have a water view and can sit on your balcony and watch it. I don't know, exactly, why it is the favorite for so many people...but it really is!

Have a fun trip!

Upvote 0

polymissy

We have split our resorts stays on our last two trips. It requires a little extra planning since you need to pack up mid-trip, but it's not bad. Bell Services will come to your room and have your luggage moved to your new resort, so that makes things easy.

Our splits were POR/BC and BC/Poly. My guess is that your only regret will be not staying at Poly the entire time. Haha. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

gooftroop5

Original Poster
I told my hubby this morning and he was actually giddy! It was kind of fun to see! (Side note: I have the best hubby in the world. He lets me plan whatever I want and never questions about cost. I'm a college math instructor so he knows I'm pretty good with numbers. Ha ha!)

Anyway, we always drive to WDW. The day we move is our low-key day. We have 10:30 ressies at Tusker House and that's pretty much it. I'm thinking pack up the car in the morning, head to Tusker House, catch a few things at AK, and then head to the Poly.

Now my hubby wants to stay another night or two. I'm creating a monster. :p

And what is this I hear about rooms at the Poly undergoing a refurb? Anyone know if any will be finished by early June?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom