WDWMAGIC launches new iPhone App edition of WDWMAGIC.COM - Available FREE from iTunes

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Love the app! I just purchased the new Verizon iPhone and out of all the WDW apps, this is the one I love the most. I don't post much but spend many a lunch break (like now) and time in the evenings reading all the posts. We will use it for our next trip.

Thanks again,

Joe

P.S. I posted a review in the iTunes store for you!

Thanks Joe! Great to hear that. :)

DiPSU224

Love, love, LOVE the app! It's so nice being able to browse the forums without sitting at my desk or with my laptop on my lap. Just when I thought I couldn't love my iPhone anymore....:)

Thank you for all your hard work in developing the app and all you do for this site! :wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Love, love, LOVE the app! It's so nice being able to browse the forums without sitting at my desk or with my laptop on my lap. Just when I thought I couldn't love my iPhone anymore....:)

Thank you for all your hard work in developing the app and all you do for this site! :wave:

Thanks, glad you like it! If you get a moment, a review on the app store would be a big help for us :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We just fixed a small bug that was preventing some users from making posts on the forum. No new download is necessary.

montyz81

No Android Apps are currently in development from us. This app took us a year to build, and at the moment we don't have the resources to start on another platform. We chose Apple because it has the largest user base, and happens to be the device that we use here. This may change in the future, but at the moment we are focussed on Apple.

The mobile site does work on Android, and that is available at http://mobile.wdwmagic.com
I feel so left out. I think the Android based devices may have surpassed iOS in total sales due to the fact that Android OS is available on many different devices from many different carries as oppose to one device from only 2 carriers.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I feel so left out. I think the Android based devices may have surpassed iOS in total sales due to the fact that Android OS is available on many different devices from many different carries as oppose to one device from only 2 carriers.

That is true. However, last month for example, 89% of users to our mobile site at http://mobile.wdwmagic.com were on an iPhone. So our first app had to support the biggest user base on WDWMAGIC - which is the iPhone.

bhg469

Gotcha, no love for us Android users?
Don't count on it. Android isn't popular on this site so they won't develop for it. Another Disney forum I go to has a jukebox feature that the I phone users have to be a premium user to use on mobile platforms. On my nexus 10 and galaxy, the desktop interface runs perfectly so I'm happy android isn't popular with the Disney crowd.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Gotcha, no love for us Android users?
We've been trying to produce an Android app, but so far it is proving extremely difficult. There are just so many variations of all the different Android OS', and all the different screen resolutions, that we are finding it tough to create a consistent experience. Developing for iOS is much more structured and defined.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
That is why I was wondering if Tapatalk would be activated for this site...then Android users can just use that app to easily access the forums.
The iPhone app covers the main site, not specifically the forum. The forum should be rendering on your Android device in the mobile optimized format.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Two issues: Landscape that's already been mentioned and in-forum navigation. When viewing a forum thread, there doesn't appear to be any "Back" button, once you're into a thread, you either go to "New posts" every time or exit to "More" and reload the whole forums.

With your constant carping and complaining, Steve should ban the iPhone app just for you.

Nemo14

With your constant carping and complaining, Steve should ban the iPhone app just for you.
laugh2.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom